GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
State of the Board/Moderation Update

All -

We (the moderators) have been discussing the current tone of the forum and do not like what we have seen.

Many threads are being derailed by totally non-relevant conversation, personal attacks are growing, technical discussions are getting pulled off course, and things seem to be generally "off course."

As a result we (the moderators) will be more strictly enforcing already established rules. This won't mean much to most of you, but it may mean some moved threads/posts and deleted posts. Additionally we ask you ALL to keep more "on-topic" so we don't have to delete multiple posts in a thread.

To some of you, this may mean potential bans. As of this moment, you are all in good graces (unless you have previously been warned). That said, warnings and temp bans will come quickly for the foreseeable future. Please take any warning seriously, we don't want to ban anyone.

I know this comes off as a bit harsh, that is not the intent. Really, the intent is to get us back to where we should be, have been, and can be again. For a long time this was, by far, the most friendly AND the most technically savvy board. I think we still are, but we want to re-solidify that position.

Thanks

- The Mods.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
09vdubgti
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: static
09vdubgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Bender
Banned

Note as part of this we will be performing some routine clean-up. Some threads (esp in OT) may be closed/merged.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
chinqutie
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: APR KO4 GTI, 2013 x128i
ko4 club member#14ADV.1/DPE/Akrapovic/Bilstein/Vredestein/DorbritzDesigns/Forge/SPM/034/Stoptech/P3Cars/Southbend/Peloquin/Whiteline/Hotchkis/Unibrace/Osir/OEM+
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
Using automatic climate control as justification to buy/not buy a car = STUPIDEST THING EVER.
Quote:
I've found that if my pants are down around my ankles, this site moves A LOT faster..
chinqutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
MooreHeat
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Shadow Blue Metallic GTI
Good stuff! I've been a moderator and financially managed forums before, it's no easy task!

for putting in the effort to providing a healthy online community!
MooreHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
danielj

Drives: 2013 BMW x135
Thanks, Bender.

Note, I will ban any member who is attacking or trolling another and will do so without warning as that behavior unacceptable and everyone knows better.

APR Stage I/ Carbonio Stage I&II Intake/ H&R Super Sports & RSB/ 18" Avant Gardes/ OEM LED Tails/ Some cosmetic stuff/ Now I'm done modding - because I traded it in....
danielj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
svickstc
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Nike 6.0
Wow, nice....finally

Normally im against forums that are super strict on rules, etc...but lately Ive been steering away from MK6 (even being a newer member) just a few months ago I didnt see or was at least blind to all the crazyness going on here
Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
damn... hammer laid down.

Good move though. I have not been warned, so please let me know if I am crossing the line.

I would also like some clarification on the "OT subforum" guidelines and expectations, etc. As it seems that this board has a different view on what OT truly is/supposed to be, compared to others I've been on.

Thank you.

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
Bender
Banned

Quote:

I would also like some clarification on the "OT subforum" guidelines and expectations, etc. As it seems that this board has a different view on what OT truly is/supposed to be, compared to others I've been on.

Thank you.
My feeling is it is open discussion - the other rules still apply in terms of being respectful, etc.

In the OT, if a thread ambles off course, that is fine, but really should be done in another thread.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
Noob_2.0T
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 UGM GTI
Noob_2.0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
Also, Please note the following:

1) You're entitled to your opinion. If you disagree, that is ok. Please keep it civil and do not let your anger carry the conversation south. As mentioned by danielj, trolling or rude posts will warrant an insta-ban.

2) Please Refrain from posting in sale threads with your comments about better pricing elsewhere, or condition of product, etc. etc. Per forum rules, you will be given a warning and a temporary ban for following offenses.

3) Plac is gone. I think its only out of respect for him and others to let it go. If he wants to come back...he is more than welcome to.

4) Please remember that there is a "Report Post" function that we highly utilize as moderators. Please use it to report spam, trolling, etc. etc. Posts and threads will be reviewed and action will be taken if we see fit.

5) Please help direct new members to sources for previous threads of repetative topics.

Thank you all. And keep providing the discussions and technical insight that this forum has grown to love so very deeply.
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
rawbdog
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Bird shit stained cute snatchback
so just a question, if the thread asks a question and then someone comes in and starts changing the tempo of the OP, does that mean they get warned or banned?
rawbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #13
danielj

Drives: 2013 BMW x135
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
so just a question, if the thread asks a question and then someone comes in and starts changing the tempo of the OP, does that mean they get warned or banned?
Asked to get the thread back on topic, yes. Banned, no (unless trolling/attacking).

APR Stage I/ Carbonio Stage I&II Intake/ H&R Super Sports & RSB/ 18" Avant Gardes/ OEM LED Tails/ Some cosmetic stuff/ Now I'm done modding - because I traded it in....
danielj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
svickstc
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Nike 6.0
Grambles I typically would agree with this...

2) Please Refrain from posting in sale threads with your comments about better pricing elsewhere, or condition of product, etc. etc. Per forum rules, you will be given a warning and a temporary ban for following offenses.

but 6 in one hand half dozen in the other when looking at it from both sides of the spectrum....I respect the forum rule though