GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 10-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
RSC17
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: a car I do
i'm definitely test driving one.
RSC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #16
DSG_MASTER
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: MKV R32
I'll believe it when I see it
Old 10-23-2009, 02:09 AM   #17
.:R Todd

Drives: mkV BMP GTI
dont know if this has been posted, but i found this

Performance is starting to be about weight. BMW, Audi and Mercedes performance divisions have all announced that their next generation of high-performance cars will shed weight by dropping a few cylinders and instead use turbochargers to achieve go-fast status. Now one of Germany’s less premium brands is about to go down the same path, and this road leads to the U.S.

We’ve already seen the first images of the new Vokswagen GTI. Now the folks over at Car and Driver are saying that an even hotter version will make it to these shores. The U.S. already had its shot at the R32, but it was a tough sell. The R32 had a 3.2-liter V6 that yielded 50 more horsepower and had all-wheel, but the added weight and hefty price did not attract enough buyers. So the next generation will take a simpler formula.

VW is rumored to be taking the 2.0-liter turbo four that’s already going into the GTI and increase the boost to yield 270 hp (20 more than the R32.) The technology for this one (tentatively called the R20) should be plenty cheep, too. The car will likely using mechanics already at work in the Audi S3, which means all-wheel drive is still on the table. Just like the R32, the largest visual distinctions between the GTI and the R20 will likely be a special body kit.

So less weight, better performance, and possibly lower price (or at least better value for money), the R-series Golf/Rabbit may finally find many good homes in North America when it arrives by the end of 2009.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...a-ar69969.html

ill believe when i see it
.:R Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #18
GTI2007

Drives: Golf 5 Plus TDI
Don't have much faith in that last article seeing that it was posted on 2 February or more then 8 months ago
GTI2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
mongo
Oval Newbie

Drives: '10 CSG GTI
I think I'm just going to have to wait until VWoA announces it, or one of the Car Magazines (Motor Trend, Car & Driver, etc... A media outlet with something to lose by being totally wrong) is willing to say it's going to happen.
mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #20
thekinger
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI D.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSC17 View Post
i'm definitely test driving one.
me too!
thekinger is offline   Reply With Quote