GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 04-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
studleymcgee

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Golf
Base Golf, adding armrest.... how?

I have a base model 2012 Golf which doesnt have a center armrest included with it. I want to add a center armrest but had no luck with the dealer in finding the parts needed to do it. Currently I have the cup holder/aux cubbyhole setup but am wondering if there is any aftermarket venders or oem parts that will swap out with it to allow me to have the raised up storage box with the attached armrest. The inside color scheme is Titan black if that helps at all. Anyone? Thnx for the help guys and gals.
studleymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Draz
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '11 Golf TDI
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking you will need to swap the center console with a TDI one, because we have the arm rest. You can probably use the euro cup holder DIY's to help you.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=29
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Costa
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI UG 2D MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by studleymcgee View Post
I have a base model 2012 Golf which doesnt have a center armrest included with it. I want to add a center armrest but had no luck with the dealer in finding the parts needed to do it. Currently I have the cup holder/aux cubbyhole setup but am wondering if there is any aftermarket venders or oem parts that will swap out with it to allow me to have the raised up storage box with the attached armrest. The inside color scheme is Titan black if that helps at all. Anyone? Thnx for the help guys and gals.
VW use to have it on their accessories page for about $325. I had a 2010 Golf 2.5 and was wanting to do the same. I just checked and they took it off their page. I'm sure they can figure it out. I'd check with another dealer. It's not like the base golf and TDI are that different interior wise. Should be able to do, but I'm expecting it to be expensive.
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
ECS tuning have a nice kit..

my GTI..yet my GTI...didn't come with one, i was lucky enough to buy APR race car one for cheap though..

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
studleymcgee

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Golf
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
ECS tuning have a nice kit..

my GTI..yet my GTI...didn't come with one, i was lucky enough to buy APR race car one for cheap though..
Where did you get your APR race one?
studleymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arm, arm rest, armrest, interior, rest