GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 03-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #15
StaticFrost
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Toyota Aristo
this thread needs more pics.. if the sic was all wheel drive it would be a must have car but they ruined it by just leaving it at front wheel drive even with the R brand on it even though R always has been the all wheel drive.
StaticFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
Awry
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI 3DR Reflex Silver
I was considering the Scirocco but prefer the GTI both in 2 or 4 door. I really liked the look of the Scirocco when it came out but grew bored of it after a couple of months. It looks wierd and ugly at certain angles but at the same time it looks great at other angles. I don't think the design will last as good as the GTI. Comparing the interior the GTI wins without a doubt. The interior of the Scirocco doesn't match the exterior at all. Looks like VW didn't even bother to design one that fits the Scirocco.

It's funny how desirable the Scirocco gets when you can't buy one though. It's the same thing with the GTD.

Last edited by Awry; 03-30-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Awry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #17
MrClean
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 10 GTI 4dr / 06 CS / 12 TTRS
GTI 4 door for me.
Clearbra, VW DGs, 38% Tint
Black Roof, & R Taillights
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
alvin24
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
4 door
alvin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #19
Merelington
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: GOLF 2.5 (Highline)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBomb View Post
The 4 door (GTI) looks so damn ugly, i couldn't stand having the 4 door just because of how ugly it looks.It looks so unnatural and too elongated.
I love the elongated look of the 4 door golf and love the practicality even more...I find the two door to look too much like a little pea pod.
Merelington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #20
PENROSE
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI Carbon 4dr DSG Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merelington View Post
I love the elongated look of the 4 door golf and love the practicality even more...I find the two door to look too much like a little pea pod.

a-thank-ya
PENROSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #21
newgtigeorge
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White GTI 2 dr
I'd be all over that Scirocco if it were available in the States, however it probably won't happen. VW won't be bringing it here simply because of the price. Based on current exchange rates we're looking at $60,000 for a fully equipped Scirocco R-LINE. Volkswagen's brand positioning in this market is quite different in the US than it is in Europe, and I think it's safe to say that a $60,000 VW would be a bit of a hard sell. That being said, the GTI is a helluva car for the money.
newgtigeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:04 AM   #22
shahabdin
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 BGP R-Line 1.4 TSI 160hp
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgtigeorge View Post
I'd be all over that Scirocco if it were available in the States, however it probably won't happen. VW won't be bringing it here simply because of the price. Based on current exchange rates we're looking at $60,000 for a fully equipped Scirocco R-LINE. Volkswagen's brand positioning in this market is quite different in the US than it is in Europe, and I think it's safe to say that a $60,000 VW would be a bit of a hard sell. That being said, the GTI is a helluva car for the money.
*Jaws dropped eyes popped out* 60k $ for an R-Line????
Heck that's too expensive. It's only supposed to be 45K $ here. I suppose u mean the Scirocco R and NOT the R-Line. They are 2 totally different models. R-Line is the standard VW (i.e. 1.4 or 2.0 TSI engines max hp 200hp - same engine as the GTI) with exterior and interior cosmetic diffs from the stand upper range model class.

shahabdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #23
Joel
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 VW Golf GTI, 6-MT
GTI is the way to go for practicality for sure, but even if I didnīt need the extra doors / room in the back, there is NO way I could drive that thing, at least for long distances. I sat in the scirocco for a good while, and tbh I could not see out of the car 100%, because 25% of the headliner was blocking my sight. I had to lean forward to see out of the window. Note that this was when the seat was in the lowest possible position, and pulled way back. So if you are close to my height (6ī6), donīt even dream about driving this car like the Golf. The Scirocco is made for the wife (not the tall kind) or for the average height man. I could not believe how low the car felt from inside.

Apart from that the scirocco is amazing, beautiful and quick. I just wish they made it in L instead of XS..

GTI ftw
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
Raffoul232
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Scirocco mk3
I have driven both and well i went for the scirocco. I will be honest, look wise interior and exterior it trumps the golf by miles, but when it comes to the driving the golf will always be the godfather of the vw branch. Its handling is better specially on turns...anyway here are some pictures of the biggest rivalry that will never end (first picture is my scirocco and my friends mk6 gti rest of the pics are randoms)

MODS: -ABT: exhaust, side skirts, front bumper, carbon fiber plate insert -Coming Soon: Scirocco cup wing -engine+battery cover painted -apr carbonio/MAF/down pipe -abt remap -and finally some 18" talladega's (ALL MODS ON HOLD FOR A LONG TIME)
Raffoul232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
VDub905
Autocross Newbie

Drives: MKVI - 3 Door - Carbon Grey
i own a GTI, but would give it up in a heartbeat for a Scirocco.

Why VW?!?!? Why neglect us so.....
Lamin-X, Short Shifter, Stage 1, TBE....i'm taking donations for the "Money for GTI fund"
VDub905 is offline   Reply With Quote