GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 11-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #113
GTI2007

Drives: Golf 5 Plus TDI
It looks so much better in a real pic but I would love to have seen a 3 door version instead
GTI2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 AM   #114
peteydog
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: None
Nice! Love the color!
peteydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #115
.:Golf-R Dude
Oval Newbie

Drives: Going for the Golf R!
That car looks killer awesome!!!
.:Golf-R Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:22 AM   #116
BOISEMKVIDSG
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 06.5 MKV GTI
3 door in Tornado Red!!!! I'm in love........
BOISEMKVIDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:27 AM   #117
JimmyT
Autocross Champion

Drives: MKVI GTI
love the white with the rims, make mine dsg w/ nav/ 19"chromies/4 door, and my bud at the vw dealership can sell me a car!!!
JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:28 AM   #118
JimmyT
Autocross Champion

Drives: MKVI GTI
ION, after the post launch flood of info, has anyone heard any reliable info on this car coming to the states, or are we still trapped in "RUMORVILLE"???
JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #119
blackwood

Drives: VW Golf GTI 2010
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem View Post
Does anyone have any idea as to when the the R20 will be available in Australia? Also what price are we looking at?? The ones i saw on a link someone posted were alot higher than the out going R32?? I dont know whether to wait for it or go with the GTI..
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the world of golf and facing the same dilemma - wait for the R20 or go the GTI. I had the pleasure of throwing this GTI around a race track in Melbourne, Australia last week as part of a VW Driving Academy Day. The VW people were eager to show us the power and handling of the car, and in particular how the XDL on the front wheels enable the GTI to handle corners.
The instructors - all incredible and accomplished race car drivers - guided us as we drove our own hot laps around Calder raceway and then drove the GTIs themselves with us as the passengers. They absolutely belted the GTIs around the track and I had the most fun for a long time.
Having driven a turbo diesel 4WD for many years and suddenly driving this little legend of a vehicle, I can see why these Golfs have such a cult following. The VW people were obviously not giving much away about the R20 but from what I ascertained, they could be released anytime after May 2010 in Aus. There are people who have already placed orders with dealers and do not even have any idea of price - they just want to be the first to have them. This is purely speculative, but from what I have heard the starting price could be in the high 50Ks.
After experiencing the great handling of this new GTI I can only imagine what the AWD R20 will do (would love a Crystal Ball right now!).
If I find out anything more that may be factual rather than speculative I will certainly pass it on. Thanks for reading.
blackwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:13 AM   #120
JhnR
Banned

Drives: Lemon mk6 GTI
wow the R looks amazing
JhnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #121
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwood View Post
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the world of golf and facing the same dilemma - wait for the R20 or go the GTI. I had the pleasure of throwing this GTI around a race track in Melbourne, Australia last week as part of a VW Driving Academy Day. The VW people were eager to show us the power and handling of the car, and in particular how the XDL on the front wheels enable the GTI to handle corners.
The instructors - all incredible and accomplished race car drivers - guided us as we drove our own hot laps around Calder raceway and then drove the GTIs themselves with us as the passengers. They absolutely belted the GTIs around the track and I had the most fun for a long time.
Having driven a turbo diesel 4WD for many years and suddenly driving this little legend of a vehicle, I can see why these Golfs have such a cult following. The VW people were obviously not giving much away about the R20 but from what I ascertained, they could be released anytime after May 2010 in Aus. There are people who have already placed orders with dealers and do not even have any idea of price - they just want to be the first to have them. This is purely speculative, but from what I have heard the starting price could be in the high 50Ks.
After experiencing the great handling of this new GTI I can only imagine what the AWD R20 will do (would love a Crystal Ball right now!).
If I find out anything more that may be factual rather than speculative I will certainly pass it on. Thanks for reading.
50k in Aus or the U.S.?
Old 11-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #122
blackwood

Drives: VW Golf GTI 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Golf-R Dude View Post
50k in Aus or the U.S.?
The estimate is in Australian Dollars and I would guess in the very high 50's.
blackwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #123
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwood View Post
The estimate is in Australian Dollars and I would guess in the very high 50's.
Ouch.