GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #295
v-dug
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI APR Stg1, 07 FJ Cruiser
Um, what?

I'm flip-flopping. I was going to shy away from these tires because they're not XL rated, and I will be autocrossing on them (ie heavy lateral loads). But reading all the reviews and tests, they seem to hold up really well to spirited driving and have stiff sidewalls.

Obviously they're not the best tire money can buy, but when they're the top of their category (UHP Summer) and nearly half the price of the top of the next category (MaxP Summer), then they're definitely worth considering.
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
I can't help but to notice a dude who's violently choking out his dong in front of me.
v-dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #296
Sspcivic31
FIA GT Champion

Drives: APR Ko4'd 2010 CSG 4dr GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-dug View Post
Bumping this thread from the dead.

Have you had any concern with running a lower load rating?
i had the 235/40/18's on my car last year after they came out. they are really good, they gripped well wet or shine.
only load rating problem(s) with them is that no local tire shop will sell or install another set, since the load rating is lower than the tires VW originally spec'd for the car.

i had a rather lengthy phone call to bfg tech support while i was in a local discount tire several months ago, to finally have BFG say they dont have a fitment in the sport comp 2's that will work on the GTI. i believe the R has the same load rating as well.

Rant: Basically a whole bunch of BS C@ck teasing with this car built to showcase this bad ass new tire that nobody will install for you. End Rant.
136.61mph Wannagofast Horseshoe Bay 1/2 mile
138.03mph Wannagofast Sulphur Springs 1/2 mile
Sspcivic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #297
v-dug
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI APR Stg1, 07 FJ Cruiser
You're right. I always use the local DT for installs but they will balk at installing these. Oh well. My search continues!
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
I can't help but to notice a dude who's violently choking out his dong in front of me.
v-dug is offline   Reply With Quote