GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 08-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
nolaquen
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
No problem. They're not "supposed" to do anything...It should be spelled out but may not be...These policies are often vague for the exact reason you've just discovered. It really depends on the aftermarket companies refund agreement with the dealer. If they gave all the money back, the dealer kept their half of your payment as Profit. If the company didn't give the dealer anything back, the dealer Ate the profit in your refund. No way of telling how this all worked unless spelled out clearly in the agreement..
Gotcha. Thank you. As you mentioned, it wasn't spelled out. Just that it would be prorated based on time/mileage (for my calculations, I went w/ the one in their favor), and subtract an admin fee (spelled out, and reasonably small).

We'll see what happens when I call. I don't use this dealer for anything, so I have nothing to lose.
nolaquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
stucky
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 12' 4 dr 6sp Man Autobahn. BUH LAK
$1600 Driveeasy ext warranty on a 2010 GTI. Traded that car in in May of 2012. Cancelled the extended warranty and received less than $900 back.

So lets see... Lost $700 ... never used ext warranty once.

Now... I'm signed on to Geico's Mech. Breakdown ($90/ year) to protect my livelihood from the 3rd to maybe 7th year of ownership. (our std warranty is kinda weak and I have a sunroof and a German a/c system as well as hyperoverworked ABS components)
stucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #17
nolaquen
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucky View Post
$1600 Driveeasy ext warranty on a 2010 GTI. Traded that car in in May of 2012. Cancelled the extended warranty and received less than $900 back.

So lets see... Lost $700 ... never used ext warranty once.

Now... I'm signed on to Geico's Mech. Breakdown ($90/ year) to protect my livelihood from the 3rd to maybe 7th year of ownership. (our std warranty is kinda weak and I have a sunroof and a German a/c system as well as hyperoverworked ABS components)
I'll preface this all with "yeah, I know. Learned my lesson".

I got the extended maintenance for about $1100, Road hazard for $550, and the extended warranty for $2300. I cancelled all of these, unused, about 1 year after purchase, and the dealership left me a voicemail saying the $1800 I received back is the correct amount.
nolaquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
Modshack
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '13 Beetle TDi Conv., '14 C7 Chebby
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaquen View Post
I'll preface this all with "yeah, I know. Learned my lesson".

an expensive one, but at least you learned something...There will be lots of cars in your future (I'm up to 65 now). Just don't do it again!
Good luck..
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
knowfear
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2011 Golf TDI
looking to sell my car and the extended warranty I bought does not add much value to price in buyers eye, does anyone have the number to call to get refund on VW Drive Easy Warranty? Do I need to process before I sell or can I do it right after?

Thanks,

2011 CW TDI 2dr w/DSG - Dynaudio/Cold Weather/Xenons
knowfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #20
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
I'd call prior/first just to see. It is pro-rated too, so that can be a factor. Plus, does the VW warranty transfer to a private buyer?

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
Carbon Steel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Carbon Steel Gray 2010 GTI (6/1/10)
Extended warranties are not all the same, ie coverage some have deductibles and most are ridiculously expensive.

I purchased one in June, my cars warranty expired in May.

4 years, 75,000 miles ( i only have 8,000 on the car now ) no deductible, bumper to bumper, other than normal wear parts. 800 dollars.

Hopefully i will drive a little more often, but, i doubt i will go over 50K, but you never know.

Generally, they don't fix issues by fixing parts, they replace them and they are way too expensive to not have a warranty. After 7 years of ownership i may still keep it or probably trade it or sell it myself or give it to a grandchild who knows. But one window motor, fuel pump etc. will eat up a good bit of my cost for the warranty.

I know that the company that called me, sent me stuff in the mail, that i thought was associated with VW, might not be, didn't want to waste my time investigating it, wanted 2300 dollars for the same warranty i got for 800, and then he told me there was no way i could have a warranty like his for only 800, hmmmm, i said ok bye bye.

2010 CSG GTI, 18" Detroits W/Summer Tires, Autobahn Package, DSG,RNS510 Touch Screen Nav, GTI Mat Kit,
2013 Red Turbo Beetle, Sun, Sound and Navigation, Red and Black Leather interior
Carbon Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
barische
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: GTI mk6
i have an intake, is my warranty void??
barische is offline   Reply With Quote