GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #15
Lucas_R
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: Golf R
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMKVI View Post
E85 needs alot of injector. Can the stock fuel system keep up?
As far as i know, there are no direct injection injectors available on the market that can flow enough to support E85 - otherwise it would be getting done all over the place.
Lucas_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #16
eurocars
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
eurocars's Avatar
 
Drives: MKV GTI
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
As far as i know, there are no direct injection injectors available on the market that can flow enough to support E85 - otherwise it would be getting done all over the place.

there are, but they arent cheap (bosch motorsport)
eurocars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #17
T is for TURBO
Touring Car Champion
 
T is for TURBO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI, 1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocars View Post
there are, but they arent cheap (bosch motorsport)
I don't think I even want to know how much a set that handles E-85 would go for.
T is for TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
sprytdi
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: looking for another
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: snoqualmie falls
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocars View Post
there are, but they arent cheap (bosch motorsport)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T is for TURBO View Post
I don't think I even want to know how much a set that handles E-85 would go for.
You guys should see what a set of duramax injectors go for

Then call a company like Exergy performance and have them flow enhance them for diesel motorsports applications. For a set of 8 new +60% performance injectors for my dmax was $6800.00 but that was no cores, just straight purchase, of course, those injectors work @ 28,000psi and fire 4 times per combustion event, and are capable of supplying enough fuel for 900whp, but it's still damn expensive
sprytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
lilfleck
Moderator
 
Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by T is for TURBO View Post
If 380 is possible on 93 pump, then 400 shouldn't be a problem with ethanol. Though I don't know if there is enough fueling capacity to run straight E-85.

Anyone know what the max airflow (lbs/min) is on the KO3 and KO4?
You're right, not enough fueling capacity to run straight E-85. You'll have to upgrade injectors. Possibly more.
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
ali10006
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: Golf R 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dubai
Posts: 37
HGP has an turbo assembly which replace the one in the K04 and can get around 400-410hp, but it is too expensive it is around €4000. So it get better to replace the turbo and go for Garrett.

Few other companies mentions that they replace the turbo assembly with Garrett turbo assembly 5mm bigger from the one on K04, but am not sure about the part number.

So anyone can help us to get the pary number of the Turbo assembly of Garrett that can be fixed on K04?
ali10006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #21
Lucas_R
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: Golf R
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 81
Remove the k04 and sell it. Get a Garrett GTX2867 or similar and bolt that on with a new exhaust manifold. You will have 250kw/335hp at the wheels then which is about 400hp at the engine.

A few guys in Australia are using this setup right now. No need to change injectors either.
Lucas_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
TAZZ
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
TAZZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 .:R, DSG 2Doors
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bey, LB
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali10006 View Post
HGP has an turbo assembly which replace the one in the K04 and can get around 400-410hp, but it is too expensive it is around 4000. So it get better to replace the turbo and go for Garrett.

Few other companies mentions that they replace the turbo assembly with Garrett turbo assembly 5mm bigger from the one on K04, but am not sure about the part number.

So anyone can help us to get the pary number of the Turbo assembly of Garrett that can be fixed on K04?
It's called LOBA LO400 http://www.loba-motorsport.com/shop/...bocharger?c=76
__________________
DM Custom 2+ / Upsolute DSG Reflash / Autotech HPFP / RS4 HPRV / Scorpion Catless Resonated TBE / APR Carbonio / GFB DV+ / CTS TOP / CTS TBP / HG Pulley / Sprintbooster / HPA Haldex Competition Controller / Alcon Advantage Extreme BBK / FONDMETAL 9RR Wheels
336 awhp / 357 awtq - Build
TAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #23
brandongolfr
Ready to race!
 
brandongolfr's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Golf R CW Sun & Nav APR Stage 2+
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pembroke Pines/Weston
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
Remove the k04 and sell it. Get a Garrett GTX2867 or similar and bolt that on with a new exhaust manifold. You will have 250kw/335hp at the wheels then which is about 400hp at the engine.

A few guys in Australia are using this setup right now. No need to change injectors either.
I found where I can buy the Garrett but where can I get a new exhaust manifold?
__________________
2013 VW Golf R, Candy White, 2 Door, Sunroof and Navigation, APR Stage 2+ Tune, APR HPFP, VWR Intake, USP Catless Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback (Coming Soon!), APR Diamond Black Exhaust Tips, Brembo Big Brake Kit lol, ECS OEM Tinted LED Tail Lights, DeAutoKey Gloss Black Emblem Inserts, 12% Tint All Around, R20 Seat Inserts and Valve Stems, Red LED Full Interior Lighting, ESC Removed, Passport 9500ix, Models In My Backseat Ked
brandongolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #24
ali10006
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: Golf R 2013
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dubai
Posts: 37
you will get the full kit through www.atpturbo.com it comes turbo and manifold
ali10006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #25
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: Steel Grey Golf .:R DSG
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ahead of APR Stage 3+
Posts: 388
I have the Loba L0400 on my R. Very decent turbo without too much outlay.

Off to the dyno this weekend.
__________________
GOLF R
Hurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.