GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video: MK6 vs MK7 both stock

gtiw7

Ready to race!
hello fellow Mark 6ers :D

there is no doubt that on paper a MK7 is lighter, more powerful & has much more torque than its predecessor...

people were wondering by how much it is faster in real life?

so there you go, I made 2 races for you MK6/MK7 guys ;)

note: this is the standard 220hp MK7 GTI without performance package...read video description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N31dN1hlFVE

were you expecting more/less gap? discuss

JhnR

Banned
4x4 doe.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
hello fellow Mark 6ers :D

there is no doubt that on paper a MK7 is lighter, more powerful & has much more torque than its predecessor...

people were wondering by how much it is faster in real life?

so there you go, I made 2 races for you MK6/MK7 guys ;)

note: this is the standard 220hp MK7 GTI without performance package...read video description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N31dN1hlFVE

were you expecting more/less gap? discuss

nice runs. 2nd gear roll was better for the mk6 than 1st gear roll. i still think a major part of that gap was due to the mk7 having valvelift, which produces quite a bit more torque. i'm looking forward to what tuning does for the mk7.

keep those vids comin':thumbsup:

gtiw7

Ready to race!
it's not only the torque, weight & power that is better...

Gear ratios are also longer on MK7. Top speed will no longer be limited by gearbox this thing will be a total beast once modified.

MK6 is getting an APR tune in a week or so <<< Now THAT should be an interesting video :paddle:

Gti207

Ready to race!

Gear ratios are also longer on MK7. Top speed will no longer be limited by gearbox this thing will be a total beast once modified.

MK6 is getting an APR tune in a week or so <<< Now THAT should be an interesting video :paddle:

Apr stage 1? That's gonna be a very Interesting video. Please post it once you have it!:D

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

Any info on the gear ratios compared to the mk6?

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Apr stage 1? That's gonna be a very Interesting video. Please post it once you have it!:D

yes stage 1 and then stage 2 later on if stage 1 turned to be insufficient to kill a MK7 :rolleyes:
I sure will post them once they're done; I record such videos for us Golf-enthusiast to enjoy and share info :D

Last edited:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

true:

but there's not that much more HP in the mk7. The mk6 is already putting down 220 hp to the wheels with 93 octane gas.

The proof is in the videos from 1st gear and even 2nd gear. The mk7 pulls ahead quite quickly, but doesn't sustain its initial surge.

Either way, the mk7 is a solid performer and improves upon the mk6 very well.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Is the mk6 a dsg car?

gtiw7

Ready to race!
true:

but there's not that much more HP in the mk7. The mk6 is already putting down 220 hp to the wheels with 93 octane gas.

The proof is in the videos from 1st gear and even 2nd gear. The mk7 pulls ahead quite quickly, but doesn't sustain its initial surge.

Either way, the mk7 is a solid performer and improves upon the mk6 very well.

dynos have shown "well-more" than claimed 220hp on MK7, we all know VW are very conservative with their numbers...

Is the mk6 a dsg car?

both are DSG

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I believe these are the gear ratios for the mk6 gti

GEAR RATIOS:
Manual DSG
1 3.36 3.46
2 2.09 2.15
3 1.47 1.46
4 1.10 1.08
5 1.11 1.09