GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tried Unitronic DSG software

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
nope...this week though. I had an interview today and im really not trying to drive across town to make a vid. I might go to my friends place tomorrow to make one or just do something friday.. I know its taking forever for me to make one... sorry guys.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
haha...finally. Someone else knows what I'm talking about.
Congrats Dave. Glad your happy with it. The shifting sound from 1-2 2-3 with my cutout open is fricken sweet lol.

I know, right! I cant give a better review than you did, just the same! Love it!

Looking forward to your video!!

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
How are you guys still feeling about the DSG tune now that maybe the honeymoon phase has worn off?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Just to let everyone know, Uni has came out with a update to their already very good DSG flash. This new update absolutely makes the car fun to drive and keeps normal driving (light throttle) close to stock type shifting.
The changes to the original program are: (copied from a email I received from UNI)

D Mode

In D Mode, if you let off the throttle in 4th gear, the DSG will not downshift until it reached 1350rpm, then downshifts to 3rd gear very smoothly (RPMs rise to match). You keep rolling in 3rd gear and at 1350rpm, it will shift into Neutral (showing D2 on MFD in cluster). When you hit the brakes in 3rd gear, it will then downshift into second, and then first when you come to a stop. D mode will also upshift every gear at 2400 RPM for drivability and fuel economy

S Mode

In S Mode, anytime you let off the gas OR push the brakes, the DSG will downshift into the next lowest gear smoothly and rev match the next lowest gear.

M Mode

Manual Mode - self explanatory. Makes all gears manual.

I loved the changes in the first flash, now that this update is out it's just that much better!!!

:)

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Good to hear it Dave. I figured things would be good with it.

and to answer Killswitch......its good man...I can barely remember how the stock program worked now lol

I will say one thing I never brought up before that I noticed a few times.

I can slam on the gas drop a gear, do a pull, a car could pull out in front of me and I'll get on the brakes fairly hard, then slam the gas again...............and at that transition everything is very seamless, fast and smooth.

I'm more impressed by situations like that now. Because basically if I'm on the brake hard then I should be in Neutral but getting back on the gas hard the clutch grab and shifting picks back up a lot faster and still quite aggressively.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Is it possible to send in the megatronic Unit,.for the flash?....because there is no dealer In My part of Europe....

Michael......Denmark

Sorry for missing your question. (Yes, I know it's from a while ago) Yes, you can send you mech unit to HQ for flashing. Email me to get all the details. John@unitronic.ca