GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LightningRhod's quest to 200k.....and beyond

wireless

Ready to race!
aww yeah! car holding up good it looks like :)

wish I could take my time with mods like you.. i'm impatient haha..

you're almost halfway to 200k! :) I'd get a carbon cleaning done. Are you getting your DSG services done every 50k? I'm going to do my first one here in a few months, I'm at 28k atm but I'd like to do it before it gets too bad. Looks easy enough to do as well.

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
aww yeah! car holding up good it looks like :)

wish I could take my time with mods like you.. i'm impatient haha..

you're almost halfway to 200k! :) I'd get a carbon cleaning done. Are you getting your DSG services done every 50k? I'm going to do my first one here in a few months, I'm at 28k atm but I'd like to do it before it gets too bad. Looks easy enough to do as well.

When you have a mortgage to pay, you kind of have ti be patient with mods haha.

I believe the service manual recommends doing the DSG service every 40k. The only reason I did it at 50k was because that was when I had the time and money to finally get it done. I'll do my next DSG service at 90k.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Hayward is the worst city in the bay area. I been working here for 6 years.. might be worse than Oakland.

You must have not visited Richmond, Pittsburg, Vallejo, and east san jose... :laugh:

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I'm in same boat as you, OP. Minus the mods. They're just a pipe dream, ATM. *sigh*

G/L getting to the 200K+ mileage mark!

rs999

Go Kart Champion
How are the DG Springs on the Track?

I do track days as well, but I want to switch to DG Springs and downsize my front sway bar for more daily driving comfort.

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
How are the DG Springs on the Track?

I do track days as well, but I want to switch to DG Springs and downsize my front sway bar for more daily driving comfort.

The DG springs perform fine on the track. Keep in mind though, that I don't have any other experience with any other suspension set up (this is the first car that I've lowered and tracked). The stock struts leave a lot to be desired though.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Looking good, similar plans and set up! love the PF01s on my UG, have done a handful of auto-xs before the new wheel setup, hopefully will get to a track day this summer if I replace my clutch as thats on the way out, Keep up the good work, also looking to hit 200k with this car!, up to 97,xxx myself!!

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Finally changed out my oil and oil filter after 10k miles. Car feels a lot better now. I'll probably switch to 10k intervals for now since I'd rather not change my oil every month (currently driving about 1k miles a week).

Still need some time to clean the intake filter, will probably do that next weekend. I'm also going to schedule to get my DSG fluid changed this coming weekend since I'm just about due. Currently sitting at 91k miles right now.

Finally installed the my OSIR CF lip over the weekend as well. I love how subtle it looks, but it really pops in the sunlight as well. Now I'm seriously thinking about painting the side skirts and rear valance piano black to match/compliment the lip.