GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #71
ptfern
Oval Newbie

Drives: CC
Question, will we be needing the 3 MBar Sensor with this new Extreme file that everyone else is apparently recommending with their new KO4 file. Just want to know if I need to go ahead and order one.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
ptfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #72
Austin@giac

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfern View Post
Question, will we be needing the 3 MBar Sensor with this new Extreme file that everyone else is apparently recommending with their new KO4 file. Just want to know if I need to go ahead and order one.

This is something we've been doing with Loba setups on TSI models. The file that Gianni has doesn't utilize one at this time.
Austin@giac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #73
Haiiro GTi
Oval Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin@giac View Post
This is something we've been doing with Loba setups on TSI models. The file that Gianni has doesn't utilize one at this time.
Love my file and car is so much a beast it killed clutch pack. Cant wait to get new one and take on yur 1/4 mile time. The way the car feels It prob gonna happen :0
Haiiro GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #74
ptfern
Oval Newbie

Quote:

Thanks Austin. Do you think it will be needed for your Extreme "stg2" file for cars with rods?

Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #75
ptfern
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiiro GTi View Post
Love my file and car is so much a beast it killed clutch pack. Cant wait to get new one and take on yur 1/4 mile time. The way the car feels It prob gonna happen :0

Gianni, you already blew your clutch packs?? Now you've got me scared.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #76
Haiiro GTi
Oval Champion

Quote:
Gianni, you already blew your clutch packs?? Now you've got me scared.

Yea man started slipping pretty much right after the dyno. But remember my ko3 setup was already maken 340wtq and i have about 20+ launches and passes at the track just from last year alone. And just found out the 2010 dsg came with the weaker version A clutch pack. So now working with forgemotorsport to get the newer version B clutch pack. And ordering new intake manifold, i think mine is going bad and causeing my lean and misfire issues.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #77
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: K04 GTI
Quote:
Yea man started slipping pretty much right after the dyno. But remember my ko3 setup was already maken 340wtq and i have about 20+ launches and passes at the track just from last year alone. And just found out the 2010 dsg came with the weaker version A clutch pack. So now working with forgemotorsport to get the newer version B clutch pack. And ordering new intake manifold, i think mine is going bad and causeing my lean and misfire issues.
I went from rev A to rev C and it is still slipping. Only fix i have left is a dsg tune.
CTS KO4 | ITG Intake | ATP 3" DP | Uni IC | CTS TBP | NP K04 TOP | Eurocode LWP | Forge DV |SP w/m kit | RL 3" eCutout | BSH Mounts | W.A.L.K. | Bilstein B8 | Eibach Sportlines | Eibach F/R SB | NSP Boost Gauge | TD Pro Race 1.2 | Wilwood BBK | BfG 245

BUILD THREAD bczracekar VIDS
Djunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #78
Haiiro GTi
Oval Champion

I was told the Rev C was the strongest out of the DSG clutches and ECS tuning says the Rev C wont even fit in the 2010 Gti So im doing with a Rev B but ima drive it stock mode for a week or so before getting on it with high boost.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #79
Avant
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
OEM intake manifold or aftermarket?
Old 02-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #80
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: K04 GTI
Quote:
I was told the Rev C was the strongest out of the DSG clutches and ECS tuning says the Rev C wont even fit in the 2010 Gti So im doing with a Rev B but ima drive it stock mode for a week or so before getting on it with high boost.
I have a 2010 gti and fitted a rev C clutch pack.
CTS KO4 | ITG Intake | ATP 3" DP | Uni IC | CTS TBP | NP K04 TOP | Eurocode LWP | Forge DV |SP w/m kit | RL 3" eCutout | BSH Mounts | W.A.L.K. | Bilstein B8 | Eibach Sportlines | Eibach F/R SB | NSP Boost Gauge | TD Pro Race 1.2 | Wilwood BBK | BfG 245

BUILD THREAD bczracekar VIDS
Djunited is offline   Reply With Quote