GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
(MMX)

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI
New GTI Owner Introduction

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now just trying to read and gain a little knowledge before I started posting.

I picked up a 2011 CSG GTI w/ DSG about 2 weeks ago. As far as I can tell, it is completely unmolested and is completely stock... for now.

I came from a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe which I loved a ton. I had gone to "Stage 3" which is a turbo swap to a TD05-16G. It is pretty comparable to the K04 swap for GTIs. My wife and I found out a few months ago that she is pregnant with our first child and I really wanted to move into something with 4 doors to make car seats a little bit easier. I live in Birmingham, Alabama and there are a few very nice GTIs around me. I'm pretty good friends with ABowers and dsm1983 from here on the forums through our local Cars & Coffee meet every Saturday. I've gotten to know those guys over the last couple of years and I had become a pretty big fan of GTIs because of them. So, when it came time to move into something with 4 doors, the GTI was on my short list of cars to look at. I got locked in on one and... here we are.

I've sorta had my fill with engine mods with the 16G swap on the Genesis so I'm not really looking into performance mods right now, but that may change with time. I am definitely going to pick up a set of coils soon (maybe a month or two) and I'm kicking around the idea of wheels. I like the detroits so I'm in no rush on that one.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the old ride and the new.

Old:

New:

Old 04-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
welcome and congrats on the baby.
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI DSG Mk6 VEYRON
Welcome!!
2011 GTI DSG -Detroits swapped for Denvers|Soundaktor killed|DG Base Carrier Bars|VW Valve Stem Caps (+10hp!)|Dash Cubby|Euro Switch|GTI Seat Wrench Inserts|Conti DWS's|Vag-Com Mods|Double Apex USB Charger
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Welcome! Enjoy the new car. Congrats on baby too.

-Sent from the superior interior

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: '14 GTI Driver's Edition DSG
Welcome, and congrats on both the baby and the car!
DeAuto Full LED Kit w. Red Footwells - Aluminum Glove Box Handle - OEM Auto Euro Light Switch - VAG-COM - Clear Side Markers - Amber LED Side Marker Bulbs - APR Carbonio Intake - APR Stage 1 Tuned - OEM R8 Coil Packs - OEM Porsche Coolant/Oil Caps - Black Wiper Fluid Cap - ECS Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Bright Halogen Fog Light Bulbs - OEM Golf R Euro LED Tails (R20) - DeAuto Amber Front/Rear LED Turn Signals - DeAuto LED Reverse Lights
trev1342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #6
(MMX)

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI
Thanks everyone. I'm really enjoying the GTI so far and I'm very happy with 30+ mpg. I have a 40-50 miles round trip to work everyday so the fuel efficiency of the GTI has been very impressive.

Looking forward to spending some more time reading up and throwing the coils on soon.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:22 AM   #7
AK-500
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: MKVI GTi DSG
Welcome and congrats mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2014, 05:57 AM   #8
Krog29
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '11 UG GTI/DSG
Welcome dude. This forum has helped me out a lot since I got my GTI back in November.
Krog29 is offline   Reply With Quote