GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 05-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #15
Gti207
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Drivers Edition GTI
Also hop off your mopar kick and learn that you are driving a bloated american sedan based off of 10 year old architecture with an archaic transmission.

Oh yea and props to the v6 charger.....pathetic
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...v6-test-review

Last edited by Gti207; 05-02-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Gti207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #16
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI2.0 View Post
Today I had a Charger that looked and sounded stock next to me at a light. When the road was wet, and from a rolling start we were equal.
My GTI only has a Neuspeed p-flow, which basically does nothing but make noise. I am guessing this Charger was a V6, which I guess is close 0-60 as a GTI. I was still expecting the Charger to be faster, because my GTI feels slow to me. Sometimes I like to call it 2.0Tooooooo slow
Nice kill. Tune your car though, you'll stop calling it a 2.0Tooooooo slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6medic View Post
We are like opposites. I went from a GTI to a Charger. Like you, I believe and know since I have driven both that the Charger is much faster. It may be a heavy car, but 395 ft/lbs does wonders and it is fast for how big it is. Not to mention all the tests.....

Anyhow. Both are great cars for different reasons.
For sure. Not a fan of how heavy they are, and believe they would be a top notch new age American Muscle car if they shaved a few hundred more pounds, but still a beast of a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti207 View Post
Also hop off your mopar kick and learn that you are driving a bloated american sedan based off of 10 year old architecture with an archaic transmission.

Nothing wrong for him to be on a mopar kick, it's kind of what he drives so he's going to defend his car . Mopar has it's weaknesses, and it's base v6 is a slug, but most American muscle v6's are slugs nowadays. The only exception I can think of is the Camaro, because they got it right and made a car that's light and has the ponies to back it up.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #17
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by syonxwf View Post
Nothing wrong for him to be on a mopar kick, it's kind of what he drives so he's going to defend his car . Mopar has it's weaknesses, and it's base v6 is a slug, but most American muscle v6's are slugs nowadays. The only exception I can think of is the Camaro, because they got it right and made a car that's light and has the ponies to back it up.
Nope. That car is a complete dog on the throttle. Couldn't pace a BRZ on the highway in a base V6 auto.
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #18
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
Nope. That car is a complete dog on the throttle. Couldn't pace a BRZ on the highway in a base V6 auto.
Aside from the fact that these guys are pretty dumb, they do a dig run and the camaro gets a shit start:

Perspective from the BRZ, I think he sucks at driving, but I don't think it would have been any more than even until 70ish with a better driver, and then the camaro would have still started pulling.

Here's a v6 camaro against a Focus ST at the track:

They are not really that slow - 14.2 @ 98mph is faster than a stock GTI

They aren't crazy fast, but they definitely aren't dogs.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
Old 05-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #19
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 13 CW Autobahn GTI (o\!/o)
dodge............
luvdagators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #20
mk6medic
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: something faster than K04
Quote:
You, my friend, need to calm down. I never claimed I could beat an r/t....just that I can hang with them until around 70. Are you fucking high or do you have trouble reading?

So what you are saying is that going stage 1 shaved off a full second in the sprint to 60 since you are still there at 70?

Quote:

I realize it is big and heavy, and uses an older technology transmission from Mercedes. Oh well. I am over it. Nothing is perfect, my friend.

That link is to the 2011 Charger. Check out the new ones with the 8 spd transmission. They are worthy races for a stock GTI.

Also, all this talk of the V6 muscle cars is interesting. The V6 Mustang and Camaro are both quite a bit faster than a GTI. Calling them dogs is odd to me. Both get to 60 in less than 6 seconds easily. If they are dogs, than a GTI is worse than a dog. I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshay View Post
Iono man. You meatspinned me once when I was in the library. I'm still bitter about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
Lol NEEK is like how GK was before he became a mod. Lol.
mk6medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #21
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
A miata doesn't feel like a dog and it's much slower than a stock gti. Being a dog in my mind has less to do with how fast the car is on paper but how fast it feels going down the road. Weight probably has a lot to do with it, as does gearing. The v6 Charger felt like a dog probably because the 1st gear gets it up to 70mph.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #22
Gti207

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6medic View Post

So what you are saying is that going stage 1 shaved off a full second in the sprint to 60 since you are still there at 70?

I realize it is big and heavy, and uses an older technology transmission from Mercedes. Oh well. I am over it. Nothing is perfect, my friend.

That link is to the 2011 Charger. Check out the new ones with the 8 spd transmission. They are worthy races for a stock GTI.

Also, all this talk of the V6 muscle cars is interesting. The V6 Mustang and Camaro are both quite a bit faster than a GTI. Calling them dogs is odd to me. Both get to 60 in less than 6 seconds easily. If they are dogs, than a GTI is worse than a dog. I don't get it.

For the record I was never trying to get into an argument, just defend myself. Also I raced from a 15-20 roll to 70 so no I'm not claiming I shave a second off a stock car.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #23
GTI2.0
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 6SM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syonxwf View Post
Nice kill. Tune your car though, you'll stop calling it a 2.0Tooooooo slow

For sure. Not a fan of how heavy they are, and believe they would be a top notch new age American Muscle car if they shaved a few hundred more pounds, but still a beast of a car.

Well it wasn't a "kill", we were neck and neck. I was expecting to get spanked. I call mine a 2.0Toooo slow, because I am used to owning VWs w/ a lot of mods that were much faster. The reality is that a stock GTI may qualify as "quick", but not fast. I would say most American muscle cars are fast. Its not even the V8s anymore, but the V6s too.
GTI2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #24
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI2.0 View Post
Well it wasn't a "kill", we were neck and neck. I was expecting to get spanked. I call mine a 2.0Toooo slow, because I am used to owning VWs w/ a lot of mods that were much faster. The reality is that a stock GTI may qualify as "quick", but not fast. I would say most American muscle cars are fast. Its not even the V8s anymore, but the V6s too.
Well, stock GTI's usually don't tend to hang with Charger R/T's, so even though you didn't win, you stuck in there well

Seriously though, stage 1 is $600 on sale, and really makes this car come alive. Another $300-400 for a downpipe and you could have stage 2, and I doubt you'd still think it's slow. After getting tuned, I don't feel the stock GTI is quick any more. It was quick compared to my Jetta, and I know there are cars that are fast in comparison to the GTI, but the GTI still feels fast once it's tuned to stage 2. Just my opinion
Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #25
Gti207

I fully agree. I thought the gti was quick stock. By no means "fast". But now just as stg 1 the little thing feels pretty fast. My 335is still runs circles around it but I feel like the gti is more fun to drive around the streets. It's a nice little package.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #26
mk6medic
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: something faster than K04
Quote:
For the record I was never trying to get into an argument, just defend myself. Also I raced from a 15-20 roll to 70 so no I'm not claiming I shave a second off a stock car.
Nor was I. I was fucking high when I wrote that. Not really... but just having fun yo. I am rarely serious or upset, particularly on the interwebz.

All good here brometheus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshay View Post
Iono man. You meatspinned me once when I was in the library. I'm still bitter about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
Lol NEEK is like how GK was before he became a mod. Lol.
mk6medic is offline   Reply With Quote