GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 04-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #99
maisonvi
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyamused View Post
Yeah, he said the next thing he wants is an FMIC (others say it isn't needed, but they don't have the Florida year long summers lol). Are you running the BNR S3 (I say that one because he keeps talking about wanting to get it because he'll be able to hit 400whp with it easy he says)?

I think I remember him doing the same. He was running at 21psi I believe, then turned it down to 19psi max and started messing with timing.
Yeah I run a fmic in MI. On a stock turbo a fmic isn't absolutely needed but in FL its a good idea.

Bnr is a great turbo for a stock engine. 400 is doable with E85 or meth. I'm running a HTA3076 with plans to build my engine. Without fuel I will probably top out around 500whp and that's good enough for me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #100
Halvie
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2010 Penalty Box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz View Post
K04 needs to be racing a BT Golf R. K04 GTI is not slow...and requires a truly fast car to beat it.
Scott's R did pull a low output 3+ pretty decently.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #101
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Steel Grey Golf .:R DSG
Weight is the R's enemy as much as any drivetrain loss.

a BT R would blow a K04'd GTI into the weeds, given that they are both equally well set-up. A BT MS3 and a BT R side by side from a roll would be interesting, if the MS3 has grip, then it should pull on similar mods simply due to displacement and weight advantage......you cannot escape physics!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #102
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvi View Post
Nice, with an intercooler and some more tuning work he should be able to hit 300 no problem, I had about the same mods when I did 305 to the wheels with one of the E-tuners on MSF.

And Im the same way, small slow steps on the tune, and lots and lots of reading.

Here is where Im at as of Tuesday. I think I want to turn down boost and up timing as its very mild at this point, but its all just a slow process.

I have yet to race anything VW outside of my buddy's Stage 1 GTI, but he is going K04 now so hopefully we can line up again when he does.
Rumors running around that APR's new k04 tune is coupled with an e85 sensor. That's for the B8.5 A4 and A5, but iirc their 2.0 is the same engine plus exhaust valve phasing.

butchered by autocorrecr
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #103
maisonvi
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
Rumors running around that APR's new k04 tune is coupled with an e85 sensor. That's for the B8.5 A4 and A5, but iirc their 2.0 is the same engine plus exhaust valve phasing.

butchered by autocorrecr
What does that mean for you?

Old 04-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #104
VW-TX
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI AutoBahn, DSG, Candy White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifun View Post
A Passenger/passengers can make a HUGE difference...... any kind of weight hinders your cars performance. I was driving my "BROTHERS" BPU Supra MKIV with my passenger who weighed 250 lbs and I raced an 03 Pullied Cobra and I lost the first race by about 2 to 2 1/2 cars. The cobra driver didn't have any passengers. As soon as my passenger got out of my car and I re-ran the Cobra I was dead even with him. So, yes..... passengers make a huge difference!
Corrected. Oh and the R is also your other brothers car. I find it real funny how you consider their cars yours.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #105
ClapperHighs
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Mk7 GTI RS 6MT / 1983 Porsche 944
TGDR

See my mods below. My best friend has a 2012 stage 2 speed 3 with full bolt ons. I'm still on stock IC but im running meth.

We run all the time. Just ran again yesterday, beat him by a car every time. top end of 4th i start pulling a bit more. Always the same results.

So what's all this about speed 3's with equal mods being faster than stage 2 gti's? Im not seeing that. I always would've thought that a stage 1 Golf R would beat me too..

I really need to get on a dyno to see what im putting down..

APR Stage 2 : SB stage 3 Drop In : Raceland Downpipe : BSH Race Intake : Coolingmist W/M CMGS : Polar FIS : Pagparts TB Spacer : BSH TB Pipe : Nuespeed TOP : DV Relocation : APR R1 DV : BSH Torque Arm Insert : Unibrace UB : Hotchkis 27mm RSB : 034 RSB End Links : VWR SS : 42DD Shifter Bushings : Verdict Bracket Bushings : Dark Cherry LED Tails : 245 Hankook Evo2's:
ClapperHighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #106
maisonvi
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClapperHighs View Post
TGDR

See my mods below. My best friend has a 2012 stage 2 speed 3 with full bolt ons. I'm still on stock IC but im running meth.

We run all the time. Just ran again yesterday, beat him by a car every time. top end of 4th i start pulling a bit more. Always the same results.

So what's all this about speed 3's with equal mods being faster than stage 2 gti's? Im not seeing that. I always would've thought that a stage 1 Golf R would beat me too..

I really need to get on a dyno to see what im putting down..
tell him to get a real tune and none of that "stage X" off the shelf crap. Those canned tunes are useless. If he has an intake, downpipe (or test pipe), intercooler and fuel pump internals, he should have no problem hitting 300 hp to the wheels.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #107
ClapperHighs
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
tell him to get a real tune and none of that "stage X" off the shelf crap. Those canned tunes are useless. If he has an intake, downpipe (or test pipe), intercooler and fuel pump internals, he should have no problem hitting 300 hp to the wheels.
Yep he has all that. But some local guy tunes his car now. He had the COBB OTS tune before this guy. Honestly I haven't felt a difference between the old and new tune. He's been looking at getting a Richtune? Supposed to be very popular and good.

APR Stage 2 : SB stage 3 Drop In : Raceland Downpipe : BSH Race Intake : Coolingmist W/M CMGS : Polar FIS : Pagparts TB Spacer : BSH TB Pipe : Nuespeed TOP : DV Relocation : APR R1 DV : BSH Torque Arm Insert : Unibrace UB : Hotchkis 27mm RSB : 034 RSB End Links : VWR SS : 42DD Shifter Bushings : Verdict Bracket Bushings : Dark Cherry LED Tails : 245 Hankook Evo2's:
Old 05-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #108
maisonvi
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Yep he has all that. But some local guy tunes his car now. He had the COBB OTS tune before this guy. Honestly I haven't felt a difference between the old and new tune. He's been looking at getting a Richtune? Supposed to be very popular and good.
Yeah, Rich knows his shit. There are a handful of guys who know what they are doing as far as tuning (rich, freek, sailD, stratified). If he is on MSF he should have heard of them. If he isnt get him in contact with me and I will help make sure he can keep up with you.

And the problems with just anyone tuning a speed come when someone who tunes Evos or WRXs thinks they can tune a speed. Ive seen so many people blow up because the tuners dont understand how the speeds need to be tuned and think its all the same.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #109
ClapperHighs
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Yeah, Rich knows his shit. There are a handful of guys who know what they are doing as far as tuning (rich, freek, sailD, stratified). If he is on MSF he should have heard of them. If he isnt get him in contact with me and I will help make sure he can keep up with you.

And the problems with just anyone tuning a speed come when someone who tunes Evos or WRXs thinks they can tune a speed. Ive seen so many people blow up because the tuners dont understand how the speeds need to be tuned and think its all the same.
Looks like he just purchased a Rich tune. Haha Just sent me a txt. He also just started getting some smoke turbo as of yesterday.. so that kinda sucks.

I'll try and get a video with his new tune!

Old 05-12-2014, 07:19 PM   #110
maisonvi
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Looks like he just purchased a Rich tune. Haha Just sent me a txt. He also just started getting some smoke turbo as of yesterday.. so that kinda sucks.

I'll try and get a video with his new tune!
Tell him to hit me up on mazfaspeedforums.org ( same user name) the smoking thing is "fixable" too

Old 05-14-2014, 02:28 AM   #111
ClapperHighs
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Tell him to hit me up on mazfaspeedforums.org ( same user name) the smoking thing is "fixable" too

Will do. Thanks man.