GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 05-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #15
2013R
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudedre View Post
Well when i spoke with the subaru sales rep, we used something called the autotrader trade-in marketplace, which gave me a trade-in value of 13,500 which imo is pretty low. Considering my payout is 19,100, i would be $5,600 in negative equity. :/.
sound about right.. happens to all of us. try an autonation quote too just for fun. you can also do it online without speaking to anyone. just have to give your email address and they send it. then use a fake phone number or they'll call you to follow up.

http://western.guaranteedoffer.com/o...execution=e1s2

I just did mine for fun. 2013 Driver Edition 4DR DSG. 10,000 miles. Payoff today is $24,600.

Offer: $21,000... wow thats a lot more than I thought. sweet.

Last edited by 2013R; 05-12-2014 at 06:22 PM.
2013R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
tbombsgen6
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Well when i spoke with the subaru sales rep, we used something called the autotrader trade-in marketplace, which gave me a trade-in value of 13,500 which imo is pretty low. Considering my payout is 19,100, i would be $5,600 in negative equity. :/. Im hoping when i go speak with the vw sales rep that sold me the car would work something out.
That is ridiculous!!! NADA rough trade on a 2012 GTI 4 door DSG with a roof is over $17000. I was assuming around 30000 miles. I dont know anything about your car as far as options or condition. But there it is. Now, just like kbb or anything else, NADA could be higher or lower than other sources, but come on friend.....13500?!?!

I am in the business and i would refuse to go to a client with such an obviously low number. Thats insulting. Now, if there is something wrong with the car that i dont know. But that is NADA ROUGH trade!!!!
tbombsgen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #17
thatdudedre
Autocross Champion

Drives: 12' GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbombsgen6 View Post
That is ridiculous!!! NADA rough trade on a 2012 GTI 4 door DSG with a roof is over $17000. I was assuming around 30000 miles. I dont know anything about your car as far as options or condition. But there it is. Now, just like kbb or anything else, NADA could be higher or lower than other sources, but come on friend.....13500?!?!

I am in the business and i would refuse to go to a client with such an obviously low number. Thats insulting. Now, if there is something wrong with the car that i dont know. But that is NADA ROUGH trade!!!!
There is nothing wrong with the car it has a clean history, I'm not 100% sure on the exact milage but i know its in between 20300-20400 and yes that is low. Really not sure why my trade in value was so low :/
thatdudedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #18
tbombsgen6
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with the car it has a clean history, I'm not 100% sure on the exact milage but i know its in between 20300-20400 and yes that is low. Really not sure why my trade in value was so low :/
It isn't that low. Now I did see you have coilovers, which technically violates your lease. But also may be the excuse they are using to de-value the car. They are trying to undercut you. There could be several reasons they think they will get away with this. You might be young, or they just might think you are a moron. But you should absolutely get at least 2 grand more! Just tell them what you want, and use NADA or Edmunds as your reasoning.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #19
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
Quote:
Well when i spoke with the subaru sales rep, we used something called the autotrader trade-in marketplace, which gave me a trade-in value of 13,500 which imo is pretty low. Considering my payout is 19,100, i would be $5,600 in negative equity. :/. Im hoping when i go speak with the vw sales rep that sold me the car would work something out.
13,500 for a 2012 gti? Do you have 100k miles or something? That's pretty low.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #20
thatdudedre
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbombsgen6 View Post
It isn't that low. Now I did see you have coilovers, which technically violates your lease. But also may be the excuse they are using to de-value the car. They are trying to undercut you. There could be several reasons they think they will get away with this. You might be young, or they just might think you are a moron. But you should absolutely get at least 2 grand more! Just tell them what you want, and use NADA or Edmunds as your reasoning.
I mean im going to put back the stock suspension and they said that its not a problem, but i went through the autotrader trade-in marketplace again and they gave me a trade in value of 17,300 which seems a lot more reasonable. Im guessing there may have been some human error when my sales rep was putting in my info into autotrader
Old 05-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #21
thatdudedre
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtdi View Post
13,500 for a 2012 gti? Do you have 100k miles or something? That's pretty low.
I have 20,430 lol
Old 05-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #22
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
I have 20,430 lol
Is it a 2 door base model with a stick?
Old 05-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #23
thatdudedre
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Is it a 2 door base model with a stick?
4 door dsg with sunroof and touchscreen i think it was called the convenience package if i remember correctly
Old 05-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #24
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
4 door dsg with sunroof and touchscreen i think it was called the convenience package if i remember correctly
13,500 is an absolute low ball offer. Your car is worth pretty much your payoff amount. 18-20k
Old 05-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #25
tbombsgen6
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
I mean im going to put back the stock suspension and they said that its not a problem, but i went through the autotrader trade-in marketplace again and they gave me a trade in value of 17,300 which seems a lot more reasonable. Im guessing there may have been some human error when my sales rep was putting in my info into autotrader
Oh there was most likely no "error" he put it in wrong on purpose. Sounds like he might have put in a TDI or even a regular Golf
Old 05-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #26
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
Quote:
13,500 is an absolute low ball offer. Your car is worth pretty much your payoff amount. 18-20k
This.

I would say a TAD lower but not significantly. 17 at minimum.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #27
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
I was hoping to do option 4 but here is the deal. The dealership is called stohlman automotive and vw and subaru are under the same roof. I was leasing a jetta before i got into my gti lease. I was able to leave my jetta lease with no penalties with 1.5 years remaining. But this time im looking to get into a subaru do you guys think that ill be able to get away with no penalties? Ill be going in to talk with sometime next week but i just wanted to get your opinions. Im not in a hurry to leave my gti lease at all just exploring my options and thanks for your responses guys!
You can definitely trade it in. What they do is basically buy the car out, which ends the lease with no penalty (in my experience).

Quote:
Shouldn't be that low, just as others have said, I think they either made a mistake or are trying to hoodwink you. I put mine in, I have a '13 2 door base with MT, 18,500 miles, and my trade in value was $17,150 in rough condition, $19,400 in clean condition, which mine is.

Either tell them their offer was laughable and that they need to come much closer to your pay off, or find another dealer IMO.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #28
racermp
Autocross Champion

Drives: 13' GTI Wolfsburg DSG CSG
Try Texas direct auto. They will quote you online by pics and They will ship your car in. They pay high for tradeins.more than carmax. I've bought and sold a few there.
racermp is offline   Reply With Quote