GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs FG2 Turbo Civic Si

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
Saturday I seen a 06+ civic 2dr SI, didn't think much of it until I seen the front mount intercooler. automatically I was interested in seeing how the stage 2 REVO did. stopped at a light, medium traffic, he's showing off how loud his BOV was, which sounded nice. later traffic opened up came to a slow roll, i look over at him and he's grinning like he was going to just rape me. started from a 40 roll then took off. I really was expecting him to just eat the GTI but i just pulled on him about maybe car and a half link for the win. :thumbup:

coming from the Honda world, i actually put a turbo on one of my buddies civic and the thing made power. not doubting what the civic is capable of doing but i guess i was expecting more of a challenge. :iono:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
There's a CSB thread where you can post stories like this, I do all the time. Not getting on you, just an FYI because some people don't know :thumbup:

I would've thought he'd have done better as well, but nice kill! :w00t:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
probably not trying... or shity tune...or no tune....or just a honda..
nice kill doe.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Probably running a tiny turbo like the k03. I wonder what turbos those K20's use and what their powerbands look like...

CarEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed
Probably running a tiny turbo like the k03. I wonder what turbos those K20's use and what their powerbands look like...

Probably the best turbo for a dd Si imo is the GTX3071r. Very quick spooling.. full boost at around 4500 rpms.

This ones on e85 at 15psi. Most people run 12-13psi on pump gas and make around 450whp

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Probably the best turbo for a dd Si imo is the GTX3071r. Very quick spooling.. full boost at around 4500 rpms.

This ones on e85 at 15psi. Most people run 12-13psi on pump gas and make around 450whp

Okay what's the FULL curve look like though? :laugh: Interested to see how these turbo's play with the VTEC, too. Anyone run anything smaller? 3071 is pretty big IMO.