GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #15
2.06thgen
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
2.06thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: White mk6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 480
wish I had the funds to get a K04 kit
2.06thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:58 AM   #16
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver
 
maskari_gti's Avatar
 
Drives: MK4 & MK6 GTIs
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GTI-2.0T View Post
That alone if its working effectively gives you about a 20 whp advantage across the rpm range its being sprayed. Cant really call it Uni vs Revo
Just coz he's not running WMI doesn't mean you can't call it a Uni vs Revo! Plus, it was just for us to see the power difference between our cars.

Or shall I just name it Maskari vs Black Power ?? Just saying ..
__________________
|Custom Stage 2+ tune|CTS K04|APR FMIC|Milltek Sport 3" TBE|Unitronic CAI|Cayenne 18Z BBK|KW Variant 3 Coilovers|H&R Sway bars|Aquamist HFS-4|
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
maskari_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion
 
Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GTI-2.0T View Post
That alone if its working effectively gives you about a 20 whp advantage across the rpm range its being sprayed. Cant really call it Uni vs Revo
Yea he can Uni would win no matter what


Also he had a blown trans and still won.....
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #18
Peezza
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Peezza's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 DSG gti
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 577
Yeah APR FTW
Peezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion
 
Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peezza View Post
Yeah APR FTW
ahhh, No
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #20
TSiUG
FIA GT Champion
 
TSiUG's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 DSG APR K04
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-20T View Post
ahhh, No
from an email exchange I had from Jeff@HSTuning. An APR/UNI dealer.....

" It's been our experience that the APR K04 V2.x cars leave nothing on the table when compared to the other tuners. We've had a few other customers inquire about that and it piqued our curiosity. We'd noticed that the APR DSG K04 cars didn't feel as strong as the 6 speed manuals we'd done so we started looking into it. We found a number of things on the cars we looked into and we resolved all of them. The biggest culprit was intake valve carbon. The cars ranged from 30,000 to 60,000 miles. They all felt quite a bit stronger after a valve clean. It's not likely you'll pick up any repeatable power figures by switching to Unitronic."
__________________
APR TSI K04 Kit + Software(V2.2beta) - S3 Intercooler - Carbonio Stage 1 Intake - 42DD Catted Turboback - Neuspeed K04 TDP - NS Indigo ColumnPod Boost Gauge - VMR V702 w/ Conti DWS - BSH Pendulum Mount+Insert - FK Streetlines - 20% Window Tint - OEM R32 Tail lights
12.38@112


Last edited by TSiUG; 03-16-2013 at 08:51 PM.
TSiUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #21
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver
 
maskari_gti's Avatar
 
Drives: MK4 & MK6 GTIs
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiUG View Post
from an email exchange I had from Jeff@HSTuning. An APR/UNI dealer.....

" It's been our experience that the APR K04 V2.x cars leave nothing on the table when compared to the other tuners. We've had a few other customers inquire about that and it piqued our curiosity. We'd noticed that the APR DSG K04 cars didn't feel as strong as the 6 speed manuals we'd done so we started looking into it. We found a number of things on the cars we looked into and we resolved all of them. The biggest culprit was intake valve carbon. The cars ranged from 30,000 to 60,000 miles. They all felt quite a bit stronger after a valve clean. It's not likely you'll pick up any repeatable power figures by switching to Unitronic."
I love my Unitronic tune to bits but I wouldn't say it outperforms all other tuners. I don't even believe in such a thing coz to me, a tune is a tune and it depends on your hardware mods sometimes.
__________________
|Custom Stage 2+ tune|CTS K04|APR FMIC|Milltek Sport 3" TBE|Unitronic CAI|Cayenne 18Z BBK|KW Variant 3 Coilovers|H&R Sway bars|Aquamist HFS-4|
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
maskari_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #22
dleej30
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2008.5 Jetta Wolf TSI
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskari_gti View Post
I love my Unitronic tune to bits but I wouldn't say it outperforms all other tuners. I don't even believe in such a thing coz to me, a tune is a tune and it depends on your hardware mods sometimes.
What you said there has quite a bit of truth! A Revo car with an Sps can also adjust there tune more aggressive if they choose, Uni cannot. I have Uni and love it but I see other tunes and think there good & great even. Some tuners have added features that sway some in there favor I have no problem with that.

With all the different things we do to our cars in mods to gain us advantage, not often will a Uni or Apr etc have the same mods. Unfortunately we often find in Audi VW world that if we even mention our tune by whoever someone will almost always be up in arms and attack for such a trivial thing, a race!

I went with an F23T but I'm sure I could lose to someone that has a K04 if there setup is better WM maybe or even fine tuned like a Maestro Eurodyne dyno tune. I'll be running my car in a Uni stage 2+ file for a month or two then decide if I want to switch tuners or send my hard earned cash to Uni for a custom tune.

Nice car btw and nice race! Have fun with it and please don't stop making videos of your car, nice editing you did there! And finally thank you, keep up the hard work!!!
dleej30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:42 AM   #23
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver
 
maskari_gti's Avatar
 
Drives: MK4 & MK6 GTIs
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleej30 View Post
What you said there has quite a bit of truth! A Revo car with an Sps can also adjust there tune more aggressive if they choose, Uni cannot. I have Uni and love it but I see other tunes and think there good & great even. Some tuners have added features that sway some in there favor I have no problem with that.

With all the different things we do to our cars in mods to gain us advantage, not often will a Uni or Apr etc have the same mods. Unfortunately we often find in Audi VW world that if we even mention our tune by whoever someone will almost always be up in arms and attack for such a trivial thing, a race!

I went with an F23T but I'm sure I could lose to someone that has a K04 if there setup is better WM maybe or even fine tuned like a Maestro Eurodyne dyno tune. I'll be running my car in a Uni stage 2+ file for a month or two then decide if I want to switch tuners or send my hard earned cash to Uni for a custom tune.

Nice car btw and nice race! Have fun with it and please don't stop making videos of your car, nice editing you did there! And finally thank you, keep up the hard work!!!
Thanks for passing by buddy. I'm considering a new aggressive file from Uni but if they are going to take their sweet time in making one, I think I'll go with Eurodyne then. I know people who have been waiting for months to get their tunes. I'm not disparate but I hate waiting this long!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos
__________________
|Custom Stage 2+ tune|CTS K04|APR FMIC|Milltek Sport 3" TBE|Unitronic CAI|Cayenne 18Z BBK|KW Variant 3 Coilovers|H&R Sway bars|Aquamist HFS-4|
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
maskari_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #24
dleej30
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: 2008.5 Jetta Wolf TSI
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 98
I hear you about Uni, it seems there is one person handling customer care lately. John is helpful and very knowledgable but he can't do everything. I was told Uni could tune my new turbo at a price comparable to getting Eurodyne or even a DM tune which is great but they can't get me booked for a tuning session for at least a few months!

I'm not sure at this point what to do, I feel they could do better on pricing but getting in line for tuning kinda suxs! But the advantage is I'd get to stay Uni, and I have been happy with there tunes to date!

Last edited by dleej30; 05-30-2014 at 01:33 AM.
dleej30 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.