GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 06-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
Muffinman92
Autocross Champion

Drives: MK6 Autobahn
So did he let off or did you catch up that quick after the boost stick? just trying to see the difference between stage 1/2

Instagram: tonygoapeshit
Muffinman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #16
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman92 View Post
So did he let off or did you catch up that quick after the boost stick? just trying to see the difference between stage 1/2
I caught up that quick. Didn't pull a ton of lengths on him before I let off due to the car in front of me, but still enough of a difference IMO that it's worth it.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #17
3.SL06MT
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 06 Accord 6spd
If you Powershift, would you still get that throttle lag?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #18
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.SL06MT View Post
If you Powershift, would you still get that throttle lag?
I've never done it, is it safe to do?
Sounds like it would be horrible on the clutch and transmission from what I've read
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
Old 06-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #19
3.SL06MT

Drives: 06 Accord 6spd
I mean, there are arguments for and against it. Some say it will lessen the life of the clutch/trans & some say it won't. I'm not saying go out and do it, but I powershift at the track and it definitely helps a bit. You have to be able to shift fast, though.

I'd have to imagine there is a way to FTS (Full Throttle Shift) with the tuning software(s)? There are for virtually all other boosted cars (i.e WRX/MS3/Genesis). That would probably really help the issue you are having, but again, I don't know if that exists.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #20
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.SL06MT View Post
I mean, there are arguments for and against it. Some say it will lessen the life of the clutch/trans & some say it won't. I'm not saying go out and do it, but I powershift at the track and it definitely helps a bit. You have to be able to shift fast, though.

I'd have to imagine there is a way to FTS (Full Throttle Shift) with the tuning software(s)? There are for virtually all other boosted cars (i.e WRX/MS3/Genesis). That would probably really help the issue you are having, but again, I don't know if that exists.
If the TB stays open, it can't get stuck closed, so I'd suspect I would like the results. Havent heard of any software that allows me to do that though...the WOT box, but I haven't really looked into that either.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #21
FL_GTI

Drives: 2012 GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClapperHighs View Post
That is exactly the one i bought. It's only 10 bucks. Even if it doesn't totally fix the issue, the shorter clutch and lower engagement on it are are totally with it. I shall do more testing on my way home!
Interesting, do you go to the Tuesday monthly meets on Griffin/I75? I'd like to check out this setup!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #22
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_GTI View Post
Interesting, do you go to the Tuesday monthly meets on Griffin/I75? I'd like to check out this setup!
I have one now as well, after reading Clapper's post about it, and I can't imagine not having it now. I just drove the new MK7, I didn't think the clutch was ever going to catch.
The clutch stop is awesome, highly recommend it!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #23
ClapperHighs
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Mk7 GTI RS 6MT / 1983 Porsche 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_GTI View Post

I do! I'd be happy to let you drive it. But yeah after having the clutch stop, I took it out for fun. HORRIBLE. Like he said ^ can't imagine not having it now.

APR Stage 2 : SB stage 3 Drop In : Raceland Downpipe : BSH Race Intake : Coolingmist W/M CMGS : Polar FIS : Pagparts TB Spacer : BSH TB Pipe : Nuespeed TOP : DV Relocation : APR R1 DV : BSH Torque Arm Insert : Unibrace UB : Hotchkis 27mm RSB : 034 RSB End Links : VWR SS : 42DD Shifter Bushings : Verdict Bracket Bushings : Dark Cherry LED Tails : 245 Hankook Evo2's:
ClapperHighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #24
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: C5 Z06
I've noticed that when you put the clutch all the way down the shifts are almost never smooth for some reason, but when I depress the clutch only enough to disengage it (not taking it all the way down) the shifts are so much smoother and I rarely get that TB issue. I've been wanting to buy one of those clutch stop things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasauto0108 View Post
Personally, I love any meat in tube form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasauto0108 View Post
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
It's not gay if it's a three-way
TSI_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #25
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_Guy View Post
I've noticed that when you put the clutch all the way down the shifts are almost never smooth for some reason, but when I depress the clutch only enough to disengage it (not taking it all the way down) the shifts are so much smoother and I rarely get that TB issue. I've been wanting to buy one of those clutch stop things.
It didn't fix the issue for me, but I did notice that I get it in a different gear now (which is extremely weird). I used to get it only shifting 3rd to 4th, now I only get it shifting 2nd to 3rd. I don't have a clue why that is though...