GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 07-01-2014, 02:33 AM   #15
RAPPLE
Touring Car Champion

Drives: '13 GTI Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarony View Post
Dead on bro, I got the .9% for 60 months and worked mud guards installed all around into the deal. Now I just need some tintage! Does anyone have anything really positive about the maintenance plan, wheel plan or extended warranty? As a rule I turn them down, figure its a scam.
Glad I could help man. As for the extra's you picked up they can be good. It just depends on what the exact coverage are. When I bought my GTI I nabbed a pretty decent one for cheap. I get wiper blades, brakes, battery, key replacement and an alignment.

As for wheel and tire coverages they can deff be nice. If you live in an area where you'll loose a lot of tires and maybe wheels. I might jump on it. And yes they can be a pain in the ass, all the time.

Being that you're buying a '14 you've got 2 free maintenances. Depending on how much the maintenance plan is and how long you'll keep the car. It might be worth it. I would do my research as to how much each service will be. Keep in mind those DSG services can be pricey.

And as the others have speculated most extended warranties might not be worth it. However it looks like you drive 31-32k/year. Might be nice for the peace of mind, at the right price of course. You're call though man. And you'd be covered by the Magnuson-Moss Act if you mod your car.

Let me know if I can be of any other help man!
RAPPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #16
dcarony
Oval Champion

Drives: Blaaaaaaaaaaack 2014 Wolfsburg
Thanks for all the help everyone. I get my tints done at Auto Lovers in Middletown, NY; $200 for a four door. They have a lifetime warranty and apply the tint all the way up to the top edge, whereas most places leave a space at the top. My girl opened the windows after an ice storm and scraped part of the tint off, after I had them for four years, and they replaced the tint on both windows no questions asked. I didn't even have the receipt or any paperwork.

As far as the optional plans, I'm going to add some numbers for anyone else that is in the process. I didn't go for any of them. If I could haggle the costs down significantly I might consider them, but I work nights so I wasn't up for it.

The maintenance plan included services upto 70k miles, so it would only include one DSG service (which up here runs +/- $500). At over $1500, it isn't worthwhile. The first two services are free anyway, which reduces the "value" even more.

The wheel and tire plan looked promising at a little over $700, but the deductibles and plan limits turned me off to it. I'll just buy a set of tires with roadhazard to replace the OEM, maybe a winter set of steelies to protect the rims.

The Dent and Scratch plan I don't remember much about. The extended warranty either, sorry. My local dealer emailed me, I told them I already bought a car, they responded that if I got a better deal to come in with the purchase order and they'll give me $50. I'll stop in one day when I pass it on my errands and see if it pans out.

dcarony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #17
francisB
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: toyota vios
The 2014 Wolfsburg 4DR auto is cool. It suits your personality. Buying a car is one of the largest purchases American consumers will make in their lifetime, but getting a loan through the dealer is also one of the least transparent financial transactions. Casual reports are coming out that car dealerships are going to reduce markups on insurance products and financing for customers. The dealer insurance, on extended warranties and gap coverage, and dealer finance markup could be steep. Car dealerships are keen to not alienate customers or entice federal attention.
francisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, financing, interest, trade