GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #43
VW-TX
Formula 5000 Champion
 
VW-TX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI AutoBahn, DSG, Candy White
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,818
Agreeing mostly.
__________________
2015 Chevrolet SS Sedan, Heron White, A6, w/roof and spare
SOLD: 2015 Golf R, DSG, Lapiz Blue, DCC and NAV.
VW-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #44
dustinwark
Rally Car Newbie
 
dustinwark's Avatar
 
Drives: MKV GTI
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Les Bois
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.ramirez View Post
And my parents (mostly my dad) have problems with used cars. How would you know it hasn't been abused? How would you know if it's been raced or not? A carfax can only tell so much. And uh, beater cars would probably suck just as much on insurance since it's most likely isn't as safe as today's cars. 2 airbags vs. 6, along with the way the body, I guess you would say collapses, when you crash. It just makes the GTi look a million times safer. Oh and by the way, if you wanna know why the parents have problems with used cars, is because they got one for my sister and it was the biggest piece of shit ever. Engine was garbage, tranny was just about as useful as a manual without a clutch, could've just spent the money on a new car and not have to deal with that garbage.

Your ignorance is amazing. Any used car is a piece of shit and unreliable
dustinwark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #45
Project Snorlax
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2010 mk6 gti
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW-TX View Post
That's the point. It isn't his money idiot.
Oh I'm sorry, the car he will be driving will have technically been paid for with his parents money, I'm sure that is going to weigh heavily on his heart when driving around in his new car. I honestly want to know what you think you are doing in these threads. Do you honestly think this kid gives a shit what you think about him? Do you think you are swaying his perceptions in any way? You are just making yourself look like a jealous bitter douche bag, I really don't see how you think its your place to come in here and judge how other people raise their kids, if they earned the money they can do whatever the fuck they want with it including spending it on their kids. The truth is you know absolutely nothing about this kid and just come in here with these baseless accusations trying to feel like some big superior man when you aren't, at the end of the day you are just some really angry guy who thinks he knows what is best for everyone, if you want to raise your own kids like that, fine, go ahead. You would probably need to find a wife first though.
Project Snorlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #46
sirdudeth
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
sirdudeth's Avatar
 
Drives: A forklift
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Snorlax View Post
Oh I'm sorry, the car he will be driving will have technically been paid for with his parents money, I'm sure that is going to weigh heavily on his heart when driving around in his new car. I honestly want to know what you think you are doing in these threads. Do you honestly think this kid gives a shit what you think about him? Do you think you are swaying his perceptions in any way? You are just making yourself look like a jealous bitter douche bag, I really don't see how you think its your place to come in here and judge how other people raise their kids, if they earned the money they can do whatever the fuck they want with it including spending it on their kids. The truth is you know absolutely nothing about this kid and just come in here with these baseless accusations trying to feel like some big superior man when you aren't, at the end of the day you are just some really angry guy who thinks he knows what is best for everyone, if you want to raise your own kids like that, fine, go ahead. You would probably need to find a wife first though.



Quote:
Originally Posted by k.ramirez View Post
And my parents (mostly my dad) have problems with used cars. How would you know it hasn't been abused? How would you know if it's been raced or not? A carfax can only tell so much.
Hahaha yeah, I feel sorry for whoever gets my car next. I've been running the dog shit out of this thing since day one.
__________________
Want to try a game of lucky hit?
sirdudeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #47
Ronkerjake
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Ronkerjake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Evo X
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Snorlax View Post
Oh I'm sorry, the car he will be driving will have technically been paid for with his parents money, I'm sure that is going to weigh heavily on his heart when driving around in his new car. I honestly want to know what you think you are doing in these threads. Do you honestly think this kid gives a shit what you think about him? Do you think you are swaying his perceptions in any way? You are just making yourself look like a jealous bitter douche bag, I really don't see how you think its your place to come in here and judge how other people raise their kids, if they earned the money they can do whatever the fuck they want with it including spending it on their kids. The truth is you know absolutely nothing about this kid and just come in here with these baseless accusations trying to feel like some big superior man when you aren't, at the end of the day you are just some really angry guy who thinks he knows what is best for everyone, if you want to raise your own kids like that, fine, go ahead. You would probably need to find a wife first though.

+1

VW-TX, grow up and stop trying to sound like the hardest working American in history. No one in this country has to work very hard to get anywhere.
__________________
2011 Evolution X MR
-Built/Tuned by Speedcircuit. AMS Widemouth Downpipe, Tomei Titanium test pipe, ETS V2 Extreme catback, ETS 5" SRI, ETS 4" FMIC, Cobb 3-port EBCS, AMS Fuel Rail, Kelford 214B, Cosworth Valves/Springs, OEM Bilstein shocks/Eibach Pro-Kit.
352AWHP/312 WTQ
Ronkerjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #48
McQueen77
Banned
 
Drives: "We only make one thing..."
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not Kentucky
Posts: 8,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.ramirez View Post
Well not everyone is in the same financial situation. You make it sound as if all teens are from the projects with parents that don't make more than $25k/year. And my parents (mostly my dad) have problems with used cars. How would you know it hasn't been abused? How would you know if it's been raced or not? A carfax can only tell so much. And uh, beater cars would probably suck just as much on insurance since it's most likely isn't as safe as today's cars. 2 airbags vs. 6, along with the way the body, I guess you would say collapses, when you crash. It just makes the GTi look a million times safer. Oh and by the way, if you wanna know why the parents have problems with used cars, is because they got one for my sister and it was the biggest piece of shit ever. Engine was garbage, tranny was just about as useful as a manual without a clutch, could've just spent the money on a new car and not have to deal with that garbage.
Cars are not made of glass. You can find countless used cars out there that will run trouble free for years while some may be pieces of crap. I bought a certified pre owned Toyota Tacoma from a dealer with 35k miles and it ran virtually problem free for 10 years. Sounds like your old man got a lemon. It happens. Maybe he should have taken it to a good independent mechanic and paid for a thorough inspection before buying it. Or maybe he did and it broke down anyway. Its a car. Sometimes they break. Sometimes they don't. Maybe your sister doesn't know how to drive. As to your insurance comment, you don't know what you are talking about. Cheap old cars are much cheaper to insure than a new car, based on several factors. Where do you get this info from? Zag? The same site that tells you you can get a new GTI for 21k??
McQueen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #49
k.ramirez
Oval Champion
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkerjake View Post
+1

VW-TX, grow up and stop trying to sound like the hardest working American in history. No one in this country has to work very hard to get anywhere.
He tries to make it sound like I'm a giant moron that's ranked in the bottom 5% of my class that wants to be rewarded for having such stupidity. Well news flash, guy doesn't know me and the most he knows about me is what I posted here. The way he makes it sound is that every parent should treat their kid the way he would. Meaning, making the kid the most underprivileged child on earth that shouldn't get rewarded for anything because he's gonna keep the money for himself and spend it all on his car or something. Here's something he should think about. Not everyone was/is raised the same. If my parents have money that they're willing to spend on me, then who's he to stop them?
k.ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #50
k.ramirez
Oval Champion
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen77 View Post
Cars are not made of glass. You can find countless used cars out there that will run trouble free for years while some may be pieces of crap. I bought a certified pre owned Toyota Tacoma from a dealer with 35k miles and it ran virtually problem free for 10 years. Sounds like your old man got a lemon. It happens. Maybe he should have taken it to a good independent mechanic and paid for a thorough inspection before buying it. Or maybe he did and it broke down anyway. Its a car. Sometimes they break. Sometimes they don't. Maybe your sister doesn't know how to drive. As to your insurance comment, you don't know what you are talking about. Cheap old cars are much cheaper to insure than a new car, based on several factors. Where do you get this info from? Zag? The same site that tells you you can get a new GTI for 21k??
I got that info from my cousins. They're 21 & 22, still under their parents policy (I bet VW-TX is gonna bitch about them too) and the 22y.o has a 2010 Camry and his brother has a late 90's Civic coupe. Civic coupe is more expensive on their insurance. No accidents on either of them.
k.ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:19 AM   #51
McQueen77
Banned
 
Drives: "We only make one thing..."
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not Kentucky
Posts: 8,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.ramirez View Post
I got that info from my cousins. They're 21 & 22, still under their parents policy (I bet VW-TX is gonna bitch about them too) and the 22y.o has a 2010 Camry and his brother has a late 90's Civic coupe. Civic coupe is more expensive on their insurance. No accidents on either of them.
Family/Multi-driver discount perhaps? Good driver discount as well. Etc. etc.
McQueen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #52
k.ramirez
Oval Champion
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen77 View Post
Family/Multi-driver discount perhaps? Good driver discount as well. Etc. etc.
Ehh good driver discount? They get their fair share of speeding tickets. That's San Diego for you.
k.ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #53
jamesgti
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: '65 Mustang, 2003 Focus, No GTI Yet
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW-TX View Post
Again, it is STUPID to have a car that expensive while you are a teen going to college. Ask any Financial person, CPA, etc. They will tell you the same thing. Buy a beater, a used car, have no car payments. Get you through school till you get into your career and have a full time job that pays well. This is why America is so in debt and so stupid with so many people that have no clue how to spend their money.
I'm a CPA. I think that again everything is dependent. If you're going to school on a full ride, have some savings for a nice downpayment and are willing to work to support it, realistically people can have a 25k car in school. That or have mad stacks to blow. The average American actually has WAY too much of a clue as to how spend their money, and other peoples (I jest, just playing on the diction). Just no idea how to save or work. But aren't GTI owners > average Americans?

Both my brother's had very nice cars when they went to school, they also busted serious ass to support them and scrapped every penny to save for them. Life is choices, I tell clients this all the time. As long as you know what you're in for. That said, his parents sound like great clients!

Last edited by jamesgti; 02-16-2011 at 03:27 PM.
jamesgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #54
stucky
Formula 5000 Champion
 
stucky's Avatar
 
Drives: 12' 4 dr 6sp Man Autobahn. BUH LAK
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,565
oh go f*ck yourselves.

Little boy, listen to me:
buy a GTI, take it to college, bang chicks in the hatch, learn to become a CPL (certified Pus*y licker), and graduate with honors in a solid field, and then get a nice paying job, and then get yourself an M3, keep the GTI as a toy. But don't forget to EVER thank your parents by getting them something that'll make their life easier as they age.

Screw the dill pickles on this forum who DROVE 15 year old Sentras to class (that would be me)... if your parents can afford it, let them buy you what they can. But understand that they OWN YOUR BITCH ASS until you take care of them as they become senile and geriatric. Just my thoughts.

My dad never got me a car in HS or in college. But I don't resent you for having parents that actually planned their lives and planned for this moment for their demonic offspring...

Last edited by stucky; 02-19-2011 at 06:21 PM.
stucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #55
jamesgti
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: '65 Mustang, 2003 Focus, No GTI Yet
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 49
Quote:

Screw the dill pickles on this forum who drove 15 year old Sentras to Class (that would be me)... if you're parents can afford it, let them buy you what they can. But understand that they OWN YOUR BITCH ASS until you take care of them as they become senile and geriatric. Just my thoughts.

^x1000
jamesgti is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.