GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #71
ZGTI
Banned

Drives: MKV 2009 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWorks View Post

zgti, please, if you need to discuss apr do it in another thread.

I believe this thread was/is about carworks unitronic chipped golf mk6 st2+ ?
My bad, I won't discuss APR in this thread anymore

Last edited by ZGTI; 02-24-2011 at 10:05 AM.
ZGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #72
newtovw
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2009 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWorks View Post
newinvw, each serious tuner has his secrets. secrets that are the outcome of his R&D and knowledge.
I didn't mean to imply that Uni's tune was unsafe. I'm sure it's within acceptable margins of safety and is obviously putting down great power.

All of the tuners claim magic secrets. But, I've actually tuned project cars with standalone ECUs. Ignoring hardware, there are three tuning ingredients on a turbo car. Boost (X), timing (Y), and fuel (Z). These are the three things a tuner can control vs RPM at WOT to make more power. Note: on cars with variable cam timing and intake flaps, you can change the activation points as well to alter when the airflow changes occur, but these changes usually affect driveability more that ultimate WOT power.

If one combination of X Y Z = 300 whp, then another combination which uses less X to make the same 300 whp has to get more aggressive on the Y and/or the Z. It's just physics; not secrets. More hp is the result of a more powerful explosion in the combustion chamber.

Each tuner has their preferred methodology on which combination of X Y Z they like to employ. There are pros and cons to each method. I know what combination I like.
newtovw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #73
ZGTI
Banned

Update :

Source : Carworks

VBOX TESTED: 0-100km/h 5,3sec or 0 to 62MPH 5.3 Sec

So 0 to 60 Mph you looking at 5.2 sec

Drive magazine standards:
2 persons, Full equipment, 3/4 gas tank, full load car, street tires, public road, pump gas, average time of 2 sequential passes, one in each direction.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #74
ZGTI
Banned

I think 1 person, back seats and spare tire off, good summer tires, LSD, mounts and good suspension you will be in the high 4' ... very impressive for a FWD !!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #75
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
It would be nicer if the video wasn't so damn blurry and shaky lol. Plus for those of us who drive the American GTI the video gives us a placebo effect of the speed because you have to remember it's in kph instead of mph. So when the video says 162ish its roughly only 100mph so in essance the video is a bit misleading. Quick runs but not oh shit fast! Sorry didn't want to Shiiiteee all over the thread but it's still cool seeing what a k04 can do.
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR Stage 2//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #76
ZGTI
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUBBGTI91 View Post
It would be nicer if the video wasn't so damn blurry and shaky lol. Plus for those of us who drive the American GTI the video gives us a placebo effect of the speed because you have to remember it's in kph instead of mph. So when the video says 162ish its roughly only 100mph so in essance the video is a bit misleading. Quick runs but not oh shit fast! Sorry didn't want to Shiiiteee all over the thread but it's still cool seeing what a k04 can do.
true because in Europe the Speedo is in KPH so his top speed is 270KPH = to 168 - 169 MPH ..