GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoping to join the club - help me find/price one

baniels

Ready to race!
Hello folks,

I am looking to trade in a 2010 Ford Flex SEL, semi-loaded. KBB is giving me between 13-15 for trade in value.

I don't really care whether it is 2011, or 12, and 13 is probably out of my range. I'd like to keep it under 60K miles (an arbitrary number).

4dr is a must, manual transmission is a must.

One dealer has said that, barring any major finds, they'd give me 14K on the Flex. I'm trying get myself a used mk6 for as little as possible above that.

I live in rural Iowa, so I am having to reach a wide radius in my search. I have 3 or 4 dealers with their eyes open.

This one is listed at $16,992 and they have offered me 10-11 for trade in. I can negotiate the trade in side, but any thoughts on whether this is reasonable... or how much you think I can get them to come down? Seems a tad high.

It also has an APR cold air intake... though I'm not sure how much that costs new. They dealer told me there have been no other modifications. I don't necessarily believe them, but if they had a stage 1 ECU tune to boot, I don't think I'd mind too much.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

cevil203

Ready to race!
Hey Baniels! Welcome to the Forum! I'm actually in the same boat as you, looking for a 11/12 or possibly 13 GTi, 6 speed preferrably with the xenons :). I'd say you should be able to get these guys down for a few reasons, the rims and intake are not stock, and they are not a vw dealership willing to do a CPO warranty (2 years/24k). I'd see if i could find a comparable car within your radius (200 miles) and leverage it against them. If you could get these guys down to 15.5k or 16k flat, i'd be happy.

I've actually been scrolling through autotrader, cars.com, edmunds and yahoo autos and made a google sheets with the year, color, trim, mileage, asking price, nada clean trade in * 110% (thats what i'm willing to pay). I made this sheet which is excel format, and found all the cars in a 200 mile radius, preferably that are CPO.

So in regards to how this relates, I have found a exact match to your car at a VW with a cpo, same mileage pretty much (-1k). The asking price is the same, except i get a warranty that is worth at least $500. The other catch is that these dudes have redone the alloy on the rims of the car i'm looking at, and now they are black...which I found strange (not plastidip per the dealer).

baniels

Ready to race!
Found a straight trade from a dealer who gave me more for the trade in than any other. Spent a couple hundred bucks, drove home (3 hrs) with a clean '10 4dr 6MT with 66k miles.

baniels

Ready to race!
Nope, base model. Xenons would have been nice, but I can do that later. Don't care for built-in navigation.

Moonroof would have been nice I guess, but honestly I never use it in my wife's XC70, so I don't really mind.

baniels

Ready to race!
This color is quite cool. It looks black, but if the light catches it right, up close it has a blueness to it.