GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #15
ZGTI
Banned

Drives: MKV 2009 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI2007 View Post
I'm also getting more interesting in a DSG equipped Golf R or maybe an s-tronic equipped TT-RS altough I'm not really liking the look of the TT
You guys in Europe are so lucky !! you have 4 types of R available !
ZGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
GTI2007

Drives: Golf 5 Plus TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGTI View Post
You guys in Europe are lucky ! you have 4 R available to chose from
You mean the ability to choose between 3 or 5 door and manual or DSG gearbox?
GTI2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #17
ZGTI
Banned

Drives: MKV 2009 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI2007 View Post
You mean the ability to choose between 3 or 5 door and manual or DSG gearbox?
Yup different options :

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...cle_2890.shtml

+ you guys get the 270HP !
ZGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #18
Joker GTI
Oval Newbie

Drives: 12' Candy White Golf R 2dr Loaded
I really like the DSG but we are not getting it here
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #19
Purie
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 Evo X GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanmk6 View Post
Doesn't seem that fast
I agree. When launching a awd car you need lots of rev and to modulate the clutch to keep the boost at full. That launch had low rpm's and didn't get towards the redline till will after it was rolling. A manual should be able to do much hard launches and I would be very worried about the DSG clutch packs, they will definitely need upgrading. But in the long run DSG should be faster just because it shifts so quickly but that doesn't necessarily make it more fun or engaging imo.

Here's a couple Evo videos that came to mind, their in no means a comparison in cars but just examples of what I'm talking about. These things are absolutely beasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbWB...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5sbhuWG4vI

Sorry I don't know how to embed.

Cheers
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #20
GT King888
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI, Audi Q5, GTR 35
Wow... this sound like how golfs should sound. IMO sounds better than the Millteks I've heard in my country. What make and price?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:38 AM   #21
formula14
Ready to race!

Drives: Candy Weiss R
my fingers are itchy. good friend from CA-Auto from UK told me mine is coming in the next 2 weeks! *DANCE!* it's been a long wait (ordered end of January) i'm talking about the eisenmann race (sound level) exhaust. the exact same one in this video.

however, the eisenmann system is NOT a full system. it's only from mid to back. unlike Milltek, it's the full system (including the DP) hence users with milltek full system will benefit higher HP gain for sure~ it's 3" all the way. nevertheless i like the eisenmann 'coz of the sound. its up to the end user.

some autoshops in Singapore are stocking them but selling at a higher price. =)

Last edited by formula14; 03-09-2011 at 09:30 AM.
formula14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:56 AM   #22
GT King888
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI, Audi Q5, GTR 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula14 View Post
my fingers are itchy. good friend from CA-Auto from UK told me mine is coming in the next 2 weeks! *DANCE!* it's been a long wait (ordered end of January) i'm talking about the eisenmann race (sound level) exhaust. the exact same one in this video.

however, the eisenmann system is NOT a full system. it's only from mid to back. unlike Milltek, it's the full system (including the DP) hence users with milltek full system will benefit higher HP gain for sure~ it's 3" all the way. nevertheless i like the eisenmann 'coz of the sound. its up to the end user.

some autoshops in Singapore are stocking them but selling at a higher price. =)
Dude... I am sure the APR exhaust would have been better than both Millteks and eisenmann system. You want free flow for better gains and you can easily cut off the secondary cat for better note and performance.

I don't think the Millteks are a full system man. I can put you in touch with the APR guy in town.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #23
Golfmaster
Ready to race!

Drives: Golf GTI MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGTI View Post
You guys in Europe are so lucky !! you have 4 types of R available !
Thatīs wrong ! These 4 R are only Prototypes for a Car Show. Its possible that one of these comes as a "Limited Edition".

Greetings from Austria
Golfmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #24
Mischievous M
Oval Newbie

Drives: Vw Golf R, E92 ///M3, R56 JCW
Send a message via Yahoo to Mischievous M
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT King888 View Post
Dude... I am sure the APR exhaust would have been better than both Millteks and eisenmann system. You want free flow for better gains and you can easily cut off the secondary cat for better note and performance.

I don't think the Millteks are a full system man. I can put you in touch with the APR guy in town.
In the quiet word of the Virgin Mary; Come Again? OMG, do you even know what the hell you are talking about GT King888? Your claims of cutting off secondary cat for better exhaust note and performance is soo unheard off. Perhaps that in your world of daftness. haha... i'm surprised you didn't recommend running the R without a downpipe and catback system completely You surely are priceless buddy... a PRICELESS TWAT!

Formula14: Sulz, i'm glad you're fitting the eisenmann cos now i'll be able to hear you from down the road without you needing to beep me to open the house gates. haha... will your pipes be as loud as the video? thats proper mental bruv! how's things out at sea on the the oil rig? keep working at getting more oil taps man.
VW Golf .:R20 - V-Tech Tuning Stage 2+ | Milltek TBE Non-Res | Sprint Booster | THS intercooler | EVOMs V-Flow intake | Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe | BSH Throttle Pipe | Haldex Upgrade | Revozport Bodykit | VMR V710
Mischievous M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #25
formula14
Ready to race!

Drives: Candy Weiss R
I.am.trying.really.hard.to.stay.wake.

BUT, thanks to this forum! LOL!

Yupe, it's AS loud.. like i told you before MM, my car is a show car more than race car. hehe.. i cruise and don't race. anyways, hopefully the exhaust will arrive just in time during my off weeks. Then we can have a comparison video to share with all / most of the fine gentlemen in this forum. So they have a better idea before purchasing one.

Btw, GT King888, who is the APR dealer in Brunei? I only know of 1 guy who owns the license for it. He happens to be MM best buddy =) so, your car is fast? good for you! just make sure you drive safely and defensively. (man i sound old...)
formula14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #26
okenemem
Ready to race!

Drives: golf 1.4tsi
SOUNDS AMAZING
okenemem is offline   Reply With Quote