GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-08-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
KAW96
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf R
Possible Clutch Issue?

So I had my Soutbend Stage 3 Endurance installed about 350-400 miles ago, and I've been going pretty easy on it, but recently (about a 5 days ago) the clutch has begun to feel like the pedal travel has increased and the stiffness has decreased to almost stock level. Otherwise the clutch still engages really low and it still feels very grabby and sturdy when engaging. I've just been concerned because it feels noticeably lighter and longer than others I have felt.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
penpal
Ready to race!

Drives: 07 GTI, 13 Golf R
it could be when it was installed the clutch wasn't bled properly. you could try bleeding it again. the springs are supposed to soften up though, the pedal after i put in my sre clutch was so stiff but after couple days of driving it softens up to almost stock like.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Dr Dad
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG 6sp GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAW96 View Post
So I had my Soutbend Stage 3 Endurance installed about 350-400 miles ago, and I've been going pretty easy on it, but recently (about a 5 days ago) the clutch has begun to feel like the pedal travel has increased and the stiffness has decreased to almost stock level. Otherwise the clutch still engages really low and it still feels very grabby and sturdy when engaging. I've just been concerned because it feels noticeably lighter and longer than others I have felt.
Sounds to me like you just finished breaking it in.