GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 12-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #29
Fleron230
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Audi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07STitoR View Post
Yeah I honestly don't find it much of an upgrade. Still a crap load of plastics and the thing you normally touch is the same soft touch crap but the places you eye ball is the difference.

I'm just stating retail prices and most people don't do the $400 self rebuild kit. I bought a brand new rebuild pump for far less. You might think a catback is unnecessary but it gets you that extra 5-8? hp.
Catback makes no additional power. Just sound.
Fleron230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #30
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
My stage 1 tears apart R's all day and night. Havent met an R i couldnt beat.

Thought those integras would be alittle faster.

chyeah
BoostedVW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
Mreed
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI
I jsut got my gti after owning a subaru, and i must say id rather be in a VW any day.
Mreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #32
07STitoR
Oval Champion

Drives: 07 STi, 13 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleron230 View Post
Catback makes no additional power. Just sound.
According to apr it does also a cat back is going to add power in any car, might not be worth the money for some but it's power.
07STitoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #33
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

looks nice, makes minimal power, down the line when you start increasing power itll help. the biggest advantage is dat dsg fart bpplfft

chyeah
Old 12-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #34
Stifun
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 CW Golf R 4DR
All I can say is that my buddy has a 2014 WRX Hatch premium package. And it has full bolt ons upgraded fmic on the stock VF52 turbo and that thing SCOOTS! He is tuned on E85 and I know for a fact he would pull on my Stage 2+ Golf R. But, if we ran pump gas to pump gas I think I would edge his Scoobie out.

And if we did my Race Gas Map Vs his E85 map I still think he would get me but not by too much.

A properly modified and tuned WRX the newer models are pretty beastly. I just don't like the way they look at least compared to the R.

Mods: APR downpipe, APR HPFP, CTS Turbo Intake ,CTS Turbo FMIC, APR Stage 2+ Tune.
Stifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #35
Tr20mk6

Drives: mk6 r20
I'm stage 2+ Apr with castles downpipe on my R, not an STI beat me but a sleeper Subaru forester passed me while I'm doing about 120mph...
Tr20mk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #36
hooligan74
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '13 Golf R 4dr/CSG/6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmytt01 View Post
...The R is a more refined all wheel drive system, very smooth. I can see where someone can think the wrx is way faster...

Sorry, the Subaru AWD system, even without the STi's variable center diff, is better than the VAG Haldex system. It just is.

hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #37
Jimmytt01
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: '13 Gti
In my TT it never really felt like all wheel drive. The Subaru just felt more like my wife's gmc suv 4x4, that's all I was really saying. I am by no means technical. Hahaha.

PA/NJ/DE -liquid wraps- www.facebook.com/Xplizitdesigns
Jimmytt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:44 PM   #38
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

mk7 r vs wrx should be interesting now

chyeah
Old 03-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #39
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
mk7 r vs wrx should be interesting now
The R gets better #s than the STI now.
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:11 PM   #40
wolfstrice09
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 Golf R
Buddy owns an STI Stage 2. I own a 13 Golf R Stage 2+

STIs and built Subarus in general have a much more abrupt AWD system that gets them off line much much quicker. Thing is with all the Subarus I've raced I've pulled on all of them after the jump. Their power is right there at the beginning and thats about it. Our cars power is consistent and a little more gradual (not as cool).

One of the reasons why I think Subarus have the reputation they do is because they throw you back in your seat when they take off and you really feel all the power where the R doesn't necessarily throw you back but the ability to build speed using constant power is impressive. in riding my friends Subaru I for sure thought it was faster than my R however after racing them side by side with similar numbers I'm not sure there is a Stage 2 Subaru I couldn't beat.
wolfstrice09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #41
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
I just had a convo about this in the General somewhat.

My buddy just picked up a stock 09 WRX and keeps talking shieeet about how he can destroy my Stg1. GTI. The thing is, he's stock thus far and doesn't have funds to upgrade it so I'm not worried about that yet. But from what I felt sitting as a passenger, the car didn't feel strong at all. I didn't even feel the acceleration the same way I've felt in an 06 Legacy or a buddies STI. It just felt like it was missing it. Beyond the accelerating point when he reached around 50-60mph, the car felt like it had nothing more than any other car speeding. I was thinking, I could totally take him.

The thing is, I don't street race anymore, and don't look forward to racking up anymore points whatsoever but hearing an annoying Scoobiefag egg me on drives me a little bonkers, lol
Internal : APR Fully loaded Stage 2 tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille - Splash Guards (-5hp )
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:24 PM   #42
Taiso0019
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2016 Accord Sport
Don't even sweat it Snail. At least you're in a MK6, with that you already beat him. The 08-09 WRX is considered by many as the worst Impreza in the family. So your complaints about the car feeling slow and neutered are actually valid. Pretty much the same complaints as any review/description of those model years I've read.

11 and up its where is at...I was considering that generation of WRX for a while but just couldn't do it at that price. You still got the terribad interior and awkward dimensions in the sedan. The Widebody hatch tho...is just nasty, especially paired with the boxer rumble...if only it had the interior of the current gen...or better yet from the GTi
2013 GTI DSG TR - Past
Taiso0019 is offline   Reply With Quote