GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 04-15-2015, 11:57 AM   #15
Vegaslizardman
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg GTI 4 Door
Haha I wish I could get an MK7.. I just got my GTI 2 weeks ago... wouldn't I have to upgrade internals for a bigger turbo? I'm very new with VW all together, I've been a Honda owner for 15 years. 99' Civic Si, 01' Integra GSR, 94' Civic Hatch w/b18c5 and 08' Civic Si. I was impressed with the gains from the ECU tunes that I figured I could mod a GTI easier than my 08' Si. But I guess its the same thing in the long run lol Either way I am pleased with the DSG.
Vegaslizardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #16
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaslizardman View Post
Haha I wish I could get an MK7.. I just got my GTI 2 weeks ago... wouldn't I have to upgrade internals for a bigger turbo? I'm very new with VW all together, I've been a Honda owner for 15 years. 99' Civic Si, 01' Integra GSR, 94' Civic Hatch w/b18c5 and 08' Civic Si. I was impressed with the gains from the ECU tunes that I figured I could mod a GTI easier than my 08' Si. But I guess its the same thing in the long run lol Either way I am pleased with the DSG.
If you're going to go Big Turbo in the GTI, I would consider saving for a new bottom end just in case you blow it. There are quite a few guys that run BT without forged internals, but it is recommended that you upgrade internals if you go BT. That's what I've heard at least.
GTI is much easier to tune and you get much better gains than you would with a N/A Honda, but you'll have to be spending a pretty penny to be able to compete with your buddy. Just a tune and downpipe will net you Stage 2 power figures though, and that will run you about $1k, but puts you up to around 269bhp.

AFAIK though, Stage 2 will not be able to run a S/C Si with that much HP, especially from a roll.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #17
TSI_Guy
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: C5 Z06
K04 would be a good run but I still think you would lose. With a K04 you might get the jump depending on the roll, I imagine he would reel you in though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasauto0108 View Post
Personally, I love any meat in tube form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasauto0108 View Post
I love a good sausage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
It's not gay if it's a three-way
TSI_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:41 PM   #18
SyDiko
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaslizardman View Post
A coworker has Stage 3 Golf R... Don't know specifics but he claimed the R left him back about 2 car lengths.
Interested to know what tune the R was running.

APR's stage 3 is like 330whp/351tq
SyDiko is offline   Reply With Quote