GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 GTI DSG vs '09 Supercharged Civic Si

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Haha I wish I could get an MK7.. I just got my GTI 2 weeks ago... wouldn't I have to upgrade internals for a bigger turbo? I'm very new with VW all together, I've been a Honda owner for 15 years. 99' Civic Si, 01' Integra GSR, 94' Civic Hatch w/b18c5 and 08' Civic Si. I was impressed with the gains from the ECU tunes that I figured I could mod a GTI easier than my 08' Si. But I guess its the same thing in the long run lol Either way I am pleased with the DSG.

If you're going to go Big Turbo in the GTI, I would consider saving for a new bottom end just in case you blow it. There are quite a few guys that run BT without forged internals, but it is recommended that you upgrade internals if you go BT. That's what I've heard at least.
GTI is much easier to tune and you get much better gains than you would with a N/A Honda, but you'll have to be spending a pretty penny to be able to compete with your buddy. Just a tune and downpipe will net you Stage 2 power figures though, and that will run you about $1k, but puts you up to around 269bhp.

AFAIK though, Stage 2 will not be able to run a S/C Si with that much HP, especially from a roll.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
K04 would be a good run but I still think you would lose. With a K04 you might get the jump depending on the roll, I imagine he would reel you in though.