GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
mike12
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
It sucks that Godspeed doesn't make a cbfa down pipe or I'd get one and the spacer.

Oh btw, which sensor(s) need to have spacers
mike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #30
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Z4M, GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by allset View Post
So if I'm looking at this correctly, MKVI CCTA uses a sensor before the flex area, and then one after the cat? I always thought the first sensor closest to the turbo was for CBFA but I guess I was wrong
Old 04-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #31
Modshack
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '13 Beetle TDi Conv., '14 C7 Chebby
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
So if I'm looking at this correctly, MKVI CCTA uses a sensor before the flex area, and then one after the cat? I always thought the first sensor closest to the turbo was for CBFA but I guess I was wrong
Yes..Just after the DP flange, and again after the CAT..
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
v6viking
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by allset View Post
i have the UR DP with 200 cell metal cat ; it has a built in o2 spacer on all DP the sell for the mk6.

I was stage 2 for a year but recently needed a new ECU. So right now im OEM tune with the UR DP, after the ECU went in it took about 400 miles of driving but all readyness inducators passed and i passed NYS emissions. No CEL, I check it today still all readyness are passed. Kinda surprised, i expected at least 1 fail for the cat.
Hey Allset!!

Just following up....have you had any readyness issues since this post?

Also, I'm not sure if I should get the 200 cell or 400 cell cat. If going stage 2, do you think that the difference in HP would be significant? Is there any smell of unburned fuel out of the exhaust, 'cause that would be a dealbreaker.

BTW, why the need for the new ECU?
2011 GTI (CBFA) - DSG - Stock ECU - SPM Street Edition Downpipe - ModShack Intake - S3IC - Neuspeed TT TOP - Neuspeed Throttle Body Pipe - Energy Suspension MK6 Insert - New South Performance Vent Pod/Boost Gauge - Soundaktor Disconnect - Ross Tech VCDS/Micro CAN Cable
v6viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #33
v6viking
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modbargains View Post
Yes you can, for the best bang for the buck dp, look for the SPM.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean when you said that you can. You can smell unburned fuel in the exhaust?

If that's the case, would a 400 Cell cat be a better option? I don't want to negate the benefits of the Stage 2 tune.

Your thoughts? Thanks!
2011 GTI (CBFA) - DSG - Stock ECU - SPM Street Edition Downpipe - ModShack Intake - S3IC - Neuspeed TT TOP - Neuspeed Throttle Body Pipe - Energy Suspension MK6 Insert - New South Performance Vent Pod/Boost Gauge - Soundaktor Disconnect - Ross Tech VCDS/Micro CAN Cable
v6viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #34
jernigan007
Oval Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI
im going with the UR dp, solid 2 piece design, almost identical to APR.
no pesky vband clamps like SPM!

my choice is 200c metal cat, no resonator. if you are in a state with sniff tests, you may want to go 400c, just incase.
im in Florida, no emission laws here. i hate non catted cars. sitting in traffic is awful with all those the fumes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:53 PM   #35
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO View Post
I am running a Eurojet TBE, No Cat with a RAI o2 sensor spacer using the middle sized jet. No CEL.
Were you ccta or cbfa?

sorry to ressurect an old thread, im doing some searching trying to find the right DP for my stupid CBFA. I want to go catless but heard that positioning the 02 sensors to defeat the light is trickier on CBFA
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote