GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-30-2015, 10:42 PM   #15
Muerte_X
Autocross Champion

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
I did a few more pulls today in every gear except first. I couldn't get it to do it in 2nd gear, could maybe just barely get it to do it in 3rd gear, and I can definitely get it to do this in 4th, 5th, and 6th gear.

I would think if it was a fuel pump or maf issue I would see it during every gear during WOT, but I'm only seeing it act weird during the tall gears.

I'm just gonna call my mechanic and see if he'll take the car around the block for me tomorrow.

I think what's probably going is the clutch is slipping, but it's not slipping that bad.
MPH goes up but RPM stay the same, clutch is slipping. It's worse in the higher gears, but as the clutch gets worse, it'll happen in lower gears too.

Try this, park the car, set the E brake hard. Put it in 6th and let the clutch out really really slowly and see what happens.

Do you know what burning clutch smells like? I can't believe that you don't smell it after watching the second video again.
Muerte_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #16
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerte_X View Post
MPH goes up but RPM stay the same, clutch is slipping. It's worse in the higher gears, but as the clutch gets worse, it'll happen in lower gears too.

Try this, park the car, set the E brake hard. Put it in 6th and let the clutch out really really slowly and see what happens.

Do you know what burning clutch smells like? I can't believe that you don't smell it after watching the second video again.
I've tried to smell it, I really have lol...my sense of smell isn't the best though. I've never dealt with a slipping clutch before either so this is all new to me.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:56 PM   #17
Zonaglxy
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 MKVI GTI
It's definitely the clutch. I had a stock clutch for a week with K04 and it didn't slip in 1st or 2nd gear either. You rev and accelerate quickly in first and second gear which puts less stress on the clutch. Load on the clutch is much greater in higher gears which is causing it to slip.
2011 GTI 6MT / APR K04 #66 / Neuspeed FMIC / BB Stealth TBE / Carbonio Intake / Smoked OEM R Tail lights / Neuspeed Sofsport Springs
Zonaglxy is offline   Reply With Quote