GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice on my suspension part list - Google Sheet

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
Hi folks,

I compiled together a Google sheet, that lists all the parts and parts numbers along with prices for what I need to upgraded the Front Suspensions.

I want advice/help/blessing on row 9, Upgraded Front Strut Mount Kit.. Like are the parts under 9 (9.1 to.9.10..etc) the correct upgraded replacement for the MK6 GTI?

Getting mix inputs where some say the Audi bolts won't work etc...

I wish theBruce can comment on this, but I can't tag him on this post.

Thank you for your assitance on this.

PS: Comments are enabled on the sheet. Edits are disabled.

zrickety

The Fixer
This is a great idea. I ordered most of this stuff recently, I can double check when I get home.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I have and like the 034 Motorsport strut mounts better than the TT mounts

People tend to make a huge deal out of replacing every single nut, bolt and washer when removing them. I didn't replace any bolts when my coilovers where installed, nor when I installed my ALK and my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.

rawag77

Ready to race!
I just did springs/struts/LCA's and used a similar spreadsheet. Here's a quick screen cap. Ordered all from Deutscheautoparts.com. Not sure if it's all absolutely needed.

Also I didn't think the H&R sways needed to be greased since they have teflon-lined bushings, no?

Attachments

• bolts_screencap.png
    bolts_screencap.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 165

aricolton

Passed Driver's Ed
I have bilstein b8 shocks, dg Springs, Hotchkiss front and rear sway bars, ecs tuning upgraded strut mount kit, Tyrol sport dead set subframe collars, white line endlinks, and hankook rs3 tires. I use the car for daily driving, autocross, and the occasional track day. I couldn't be happier with the way the car handles.

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
I just did springs/struts/LCA's and used a similar spreadsheet. Here's a quick screen cap. Ordered all from Deutscheautoparts.com. Not sure if it's all absolutely needed.

rawag77, so helpful thank you buddy!

Also I didn't think the H&R sways needed to be greased since they have teflon-lined bushings, no?

Nope, they don't need greasing at all.