GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about GIAC

r.c.y.k.1

Passed Driver's Ed
First I am from Canada.
I went into my local GIAC dealer, and I wanted to see what is the cost in total to have my car flash to stage 1.

here is the break down:

1. Whatever GIAC is charging for Canadian market for the flash. He doesn't even know what is the special pricing for Canada right now. He said with the special, should be around $680
2. Labour for removing the ecu from the car. $128
3. Labour to have the flash installed. $XXX he can't even tell.

Does that sound right? I know I have to pay for the flash and labour on remove and install of the ECU. However, I have never read that they would charge to flash.
Then this dealer also told me, if I want to go from stage 1 to stage 2, there is a $100 charge plus labour to remove the ecu again. I thought upgrading from stage 1 to 2 doesn't require removing the ecu??

I also have a question that I forgot to ask this dealer, can i switch between oct 91 and 93 with the switch? or I have to go back to the dealer to have them change that?

Thank you.

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
First I am from Canada.
I went into my local GIAC dealer, and I wanted to see what is the cost in total to have my car flash to stage 1.

here is the break down:

1. Whatever GIAC is charging for Canadian market for the flash. He doesn't even know what is the special pricing for Canada right now. He said with the special, should be around $680
2. Labour for removing the ecu from the car. $128
3. Labour to have the flash installed. $XXX he can't even tell.

Does that sound right? I know I have to pay for the flash and labour on remove and install of the ECU. However, I have never read that they would charge to flash.
Then this dealer also told me, if I want to go from stage 1 to stage 2, there is a $100 charge plus labour to remove the ecu again. I thought upgrading from stage 1 to 2 doesn't require removing the ecu??

I also have a question that I forgot to ask this dealer, can i switch between oct 91 and 93 with the switch? or I have to go back to the dealer to have them change that?

Thank you.

Our MSRP for all North American 2.0T TSI models is $550.00 U.S.D. The special we are having through the end of the month is $600.00 U.S.D. For Canada, it should be a direct conversion. Unfortunately, installers are legally allowed to charge for their time if they see fit. This is something that no manufacturer can control, legally. You would not need to switch programs for 91 and 93 octane with our software.

Can you PM me your dealer? I am fairly certain I know who it is but would like to verify.

AdvanSuper

Banned
Some shops are having a field day with the whole removal of the ECU shit.