GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #15
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver
 
damagi123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
You mean OBD2 readiness that you can set via VagCom prior to inspection. That's my point.
appreciate the input bud
__________________
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #16
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver
 
realcyberbob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Osaka / Houston
Posts: 1,578
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
You mean OBD2 readiness that you can set via VagCom prior to inspection. That's my point.
You can set readiness but then get a CEL without a spacer and fail inspection...
__________________
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #17
NLeo
Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 gti
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafljhy View Post
are you CBFA or CCTA?
CBFA with just the spacer on the rear. I can run it with the stage 2 on and no cel but it will fail readiness because the cat and the rear o2 is not ready. In NY you can only have 1 sensor not ready. So I had apr make me a stock file that didnt delete the rear o2, but then it throws a cel for cataylst efficiency below threshold. Throw that spacer on and clear the codes and after a cold start or 2 it will have full readiness. I put the spacer on 34 days ago and drove 1000 miles and theres still no cel. I found this pretty impressive because theres tons of posts on here about people having issues with inspections and their $75+ spacers throwing cels after a couple days. I use one similar to this.

Thats currently $15 shipped and im willing to bet that its a lot better than the $50 mini cat that was posted above.
NLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:54 PM   #18
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver
 
damagi123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLeo View Post
CBFA with just the spacer on the rear. I can run it with the stage 2 on and no cel but it will fail readiness because the cat and the rear o2 is not ready. In NY you can only have 1 sensor not ready. So I had apr make me a stock file that didnt delete the rear o2, but then it throws a cel for cataylst efficiency below threshold. Throw that spacer on and clear the codes and after a cold start or 2 it will have full readiness. I put the spacer on 34 days ago and drove 1000 miles and theres still no cel. I found this pretty impressive because theres tons of posts on here about people having issues with inspections and their $75+ spacers throwing cels after a couple days. I use one similar to this.

Thats currently $15 shipped and im willing to bet that its a lot better than the $50 mini cat that was posted above.
Now THAT'S what a helpful post looks like. Thanks so much man were in the exact same boat so I'm just gonna do the exact same thing and cross my fingers. Are you catless?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #19
NLeo
Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 gti
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
Now THAT'S what a helpful post looks like. Thanks so much man were in the exact same boat so I'm just gonna do the exact same thing and cross my fingers. Are you catless?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yep 3 inch catless 42dd downpipe into the stock catback.
NLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.