GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

" whom whom " noise while turning and vibrations

bosa

Hi,

1st problem : since a few months my GSW is making some "whom whom" noises while cornering at very low speed, especially when going uphill and when playing with the clutch at startup of a red light for example. While in its last month of warranty, my dealer tried to find the problem but did not succeed saying that everything was normal, even after changing the front suspension bushings under warranty !

2nd problem : the day my dealer change the front suspension bushings I originally asked for an alignement. Since then (which also was a few days after winter/summer tires switch) I can feel a "butt" vibration while in 2 to 4 gear (around 2000 rpm, so mainly 50-60 km/h and 70-80 km/h). No vibration on steering wheel or gear stick. The problem is less, but still, present if I put in neutral or shut down the engine while driving (on a safe road for this last one !). I have change the rear disk brakes and all 4 summer tires, but this did not resolve the problem.

So are both problems linked ?

What should I be looking for to resolve both problems ?

Gear box ?
Flywheel ?
Wheel bearing ?
Drive shaft ?
Front disk brakes ?
Bent alloy wheel ?

GSW TDI 2011, 58 000 km

Thanks for any help...

gliitch

Ready to race!
jack up the front of the car, sit on the ground next to the front wheel, grab the bottom of the wheel and push it in towards the car and back towards you. does it move at all? if so, wheel bearing.