GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 07-16-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
smbstyle
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 BRZ
My 2012 Carbon Steel Grey DSG GTI

I've been hunting for a DD for some time now; fuel efficient, practical, comfortable, sporty and automatic (for the wife), so not many cars under $30k really tick all of those boxes other than the GTI - so my sights were set on a CPO'ed MK6 DSG GTI.

First experience checking out a MK6 GTI was not good - almost had to get it towed back to the dealer during the test drive! More on that here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94012

So the following day, I found a few clean CPO'ed 2012 GTI's at Jim Ellis VW in Atlanta, and went to check them out. One was a Black 2012 DSG w/ 44k miles, the other was a Grey 2012 DSG w/ 12k miles. After inspecting and driving the Grey '12, it still smelled brand new, not a spot on it, interior and exterior were mint, I was sold. Ended up paying $19,100 for it, which is pretty good for the mileage/condition and CPO. Only thing I found was the water pump was replaced in April 2015 @ 11,700 miles at this dealer, but hopefully the repair was done properly by a competent tech. The same dealer sold the car new, and did all service on the car, so that was a nice bonus.

Got it home, polished & waxed, and took some pics:

smbstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
kpGTi
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTi Autobahn 2-Door DSG
Nice man! Congrats on the new DD. I just got one myself. 2012 Candy white 2-door autobahn DSG. I love this car.
kpGTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
corrado917
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: GTI CSG
Welcome!
A buch of goodies APRís K04 kit, NGK 8 plugs , Unitronic Intake, Eurojet DP, Magnaflow catback, APRís TCU tune, 034 Dogbone Mount Insert, S3 intercooler, Forge catch can, Modshack trim, AWE tuning IC hoses, Neuspeed K04 TOP & TDP, H&R Cup kit, Golf Rís skirts & side mirrors, Euro LED tails, GTD grill, H&R sways, Stern bar, Enkei RPF1 & some other stuff..Build
corrado917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:24 PM   #4
CZ Mate
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2011 United Grey Golf 2.5L 4 door
Looks great
CZ Mate is offline   Reply With Quote