GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 07-21-2015, 04:06 PM   #43
drewmtb
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI
Mine showed up 2011 cbfa. I had it replaced last winter around 30k. I wish it had more details about how many miles this "inspection" will be good for.
drewmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #44
nafljhy
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 UG GTI
well, apparently the full recall isn't live yet. i have a service campaign but no recall. I'll check it again tomorrow.

EDIT: i should say that i'm on my 4th pump.

Last edited by nafljhy; 07-21-2015 at 05:32 PM.
nafljhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #45
APRMK6GTi
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
2012, service campaign popped up for me...i've had mine replaced twice now
2012 CSG GTI 6SPD | APR Tuned | AWE K04 | APR Carbonio | IE FDS IC | 42DD DP | Magnaflow CBE | Neuspeed TOP/ACP | GFB DV+ | DG S6 | OEM MSB | Verdict SBB | HST RSR | ECS Bleeder Block | SuperPro LCA/ALK | 034 TAI | AST/GC | OZ | TT-RS Brakes | Whiteline 24MM F&R | Tyrolsport | Unibrace XB/UB/RB | EuroSport LB | Euro OEM LED | OEM Aero Parts | P3 |
Nor Cal VW Drivers Club Feel free to join!
APRMK6GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #46
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
Mine shows up. '14 Wolfsburg. Had mine originally replaced at 10k and I'm now at 25k on that replacement pump.

I too am wondering if they made a newer revised one since. Or do I just wait until this one craps out?
Woa, we are awfully close in failure mileage and current, lol. Failed around 10k, currently sit at 21k on my 2014 with the replacement pump.

I'm thinking to just wait. If it ain't broke, maybe not fix it? Might get a crappy tech who ends up doing more damage than good during the repair. Might not worth the headache just yet.
Internal : APR Fully loaded Stage 2 tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille - Splash Guards (-5hp )
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:16 PM   #47
HeloHarmonics
Autocross Champion

Drives: 13 CW GTI DE DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtiguy482 View Post
Just checked the website and no hit on my 2013. Called customer care to make sure and she assured me there was not one on my car at the moment. She did say it could be expanded though. Not sure if they are just looking at certain engine codes or not right now. I know in humble mechanics video the one he was looking at that had failed was a ccta engine. His video was made well before this notice though. Just turned 48k on my ccta this morning and seems to be no issue yet. Just out of curiosity. What engine code do you guys have that are showing up with the recall/service campaign listed for yours? I have the extended warranty through 100k so i would be covered anyway. This is a good thing that they are doing something about it though.
My engine is CBFA.
HeloHarmonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #48
The Canuck
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Edition
2013 Drivers Edition - got the news that I qualify. Though due to ankle surgery, I won't be driving anywhere for another couple weeks. Guess I can make an appointment for them to inspect at that point.

Now I have had my coolant tank become completely empty, thinking it was the water pump failure, only to be told, the water pump was fine, and sometimes it just dumps all the coolant for no apparent reason. They refilled, and I have been fine every since. Still can't figure out how the entire coolant tank can drain itself for no apparent reason.
The Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:27 PM   #49
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
13 Wolfsburg MT => nothing yet here.
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:58 PM   #50
SierraHotel
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 CW GTI
My car qualifies but does it matter i still have the factory warranty.
SierraHotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #51
tsmack
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2014 GTI Driver's Edition
My 2014 CBFA showed up as needing action, but I do not plan to go to the dealership unless I absolutely have to. I would rather have them give me the parts and take it to someone I know I can trust.
14 DE GTI DSG, APR K04, APR IC, APR V3.1, APR stg 1&2 intake, TOP&TBP, GFB DV+, R8 coils, CTS Catless DP, Stoptech ST-40, UM DSG, H&R front&rear SB, P3Cars, Blk Ch LED tails, smoke sm, ext pdl shifters, Neuspeed insert, 034 billet mounts, Volk ME 19s, Koni Coils, CTX tint, LED reverse and footwells
tsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #52
alpha3
Touring Car Champion

Drives: '14 CSG GTI
Yep. Mine is live, too. Of course, the 1st one was replaced already at 9k miles. It's got 25k now, so maybe.............................
alpha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #53
finklejag
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroomer View Post
Sounds like this is one of those recalls for only those under 5 year power train warranty. It would make sense, since its not life endangering type of thing, so it might be too late for you and me.
Well that makes sense.

This is only a service campaign, so they will just check and see if it's leaking, if not you will be sent on your way. I would rather they extend the warranty like the intake manifold.
finklejag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #54
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '14 CW GTI
Well I will be making the drive to San Diego for BIG SoCal Euro in early September, which is about 150 miles.

Last year I was on my way home from that same event when mine went out. Luckily I had just made it home. Went back down to grab my luggage and there was piss everywhere.

So maybe this time i'll get the new one just before going down there.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #55
rawbdog
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Bird shit stained cute snatchback
I hate when I see these water pump threads. Since this car is basically my only car I'll be SOL if this thing goes out. But I am glad to see the extension of warranty repair/replacing.
rawbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #56
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
my11 didnt show up
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote