GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'07 GTi vs '11 GTi

Ronan1

Ready to race!
I've a FSI, and I love the new 2010/2011's. I don't know if I'd pay double the price for a very similar car just because of cam follower and oil consumption fears.

Properly maintained, the FSI is fine. I've 82k on my 2008 and no issues. I've changed my follower twice ($40 a pop) and top the oil up.

Don't get me wrong, the mkVI's are lovely, and truth be told I'd lean towards a new one. But 18k for a fully loaded 07 is a sweet deal.

I'd probably go for a R32 if I lived where it snowed anyway.... :)

dubbin

All in, All out..
id take the tsi over the fsi any day. yea it is a great car regardless, but there are many many fsi owners who are just sick of the cam follower issue, and would rather have a tsi.

But lets not get to overboard here, the TSI has problems of its own, not as major as the fsi, but it has them. Starting to see TSI's with some mileage on them now, 30-40k and the some issues im noticing are misfires and clutch issues.(both of which i have experienced)

Again, id go for the 2011, get the warranty and the 3 yrs of free service :thumbsup:
remember its just my opinion...

twisted by dezign1

Passed Driver's Ed
id take the tsi over the fsi any day. yea it is a great car regardless, but there are many many fsi owners who are just sick of the cam follower issue, and would rather have a tsi.

But lets not get to overboard here, the TSI has problems of its own, not as major as the fsi, but it has them. Starting to see TSI's with some mileage on them now, 30-40k and the some issues im noticing are misfires and clutch issues.(both of which i have experienced)

Again, id go for the 2011, get the warranty and the 3 yrs of free service :thumbsup:

Not in Canada. Canada gets the 4 year/80000km comprehensive warranty which is longer than the 3 year US comprehensive warranty but there is no free maintenance.

09vdubgti

Banned
Thanks guys...money isnt really an issue, I just dont want to get hosed so to speak.

Plan on putting 10K down so my payments wont be that bad...

Thanks for the info on the FSI vs TSI engine...much appreciated.

I am leaning towards a 2 door Black 2011 GTi....i may opt not to get the 18 inch rim package for $975.00 and instead opt to buy aftermarket 18 inch rims with better rubber and use the 17 inch rims for winter tires or sell them seperatley on kijiji.

Anyone have tips for buying rims/rubber....any good sites that ship to Canada? Thanks.

contact Phil, he can hook you up with wheels and he lives in GTA iirc.

09vdubgti

Banned

I missfire everyonce in a while, tsi cbfa.

lalalaprise

Ready to race!

AdvanSuper

Banned
I had my MkV for 3 years and never had a problem beat it every day and night and nothing ever went wrong with the car. It also spent 2 years at SII+ and I had an FSI. They can be flaky though 08+ is what I look at IMO.