GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch issues, stuck in parking lot!

nimda

Ready to race!
Well... long story short. I had a reputable local shop install an HS Tuning RSR Clutch in the MK6. I drove the car two days and due to weather (and me not paying attention) the car ended up in a ditch in a rainstorm needing cosmetic repairs. Car sits in repair shop for about 3 weeks and I get it back 4 days ago. Car drives fine until yesterday afternoon with about 500 miles on clutch of mixed driving.

Pulling off highway I notice the peddle feels odd and mushy but not sticking, feels like the engagement point is at the floor. I immediately start thinking that the MC will need bled or is low. Pull off at destination and have 1hr meeting. Come out to drive home and car will go into any gear while off but once started with clutch to floor (which feels kinda normal) it wont go into gear.

I proceeded to check the fluid (topped off), and even called a local buddy who helped me bleed and refill the entire system. Everything with the MC is perfect, it's bleeding and moving fluid like normal. I called HS Tuning, and they immediately put me on the phone with a mechanic. He was super helpful and gave great advise, but also once going through a few scenarios was stumped.

He reassured me that they would cover any defective parts, but was very curious as to what failed. I ended up calling VW to tow and see what they find as the R only has 17K miles on it and is under warranty for about 4 more years.

VW has no details today, as they were only able to check superficial items that I had already given a once over. They plan to tear it down Monday and we will know more. The service manager is mod friendly and knows me and the car, he assured that he would contact me before calling it into VW.

I'm guessing that the throwout has failed.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
Sounds like it may be the slave cylinder. I had problems similar to yours on my 337.

Sent from the ether.

Zack

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds to me like the slave cylinder as well. I had a similar issue with my clutch on my old mk4 vr6