GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #337
GTR_Killer
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Burnout Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by apa11393 View Post
Took apart all 4 of my meth jets including the brass holders. No clogs. Tested the system with no jets and got full flow through three check valves and zero flow through the other one. One cylinder was getting no meth this whole time. Made 509 whp like that lol. New check valve is on its way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate you.

On another note, I cant believe you didn't immediately do timing pull logs to tune your meth system and check everything as soon as you installed them. Shame on you. You could have blown sky high.

and on a 3rd note, how was putting those brass vortex cut distributor things back in the jet base? If you say not too bad im going to interenet punch you in the face.
GTR_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #338
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '11 BMP 2Dr DSG GTI
Ive followed this thread and every post of the last BT thread. The amount of knowledge and work you guys are doing is amazing. I commend each and every one of you. I also follow your build threads. Even though I cant afford to go BT I follow all of this in excitement to see how far you can push this platform.

The amount of work that you guys have put in the past few weeks is pretty impressive. If I ever get to the point I can go BT I will be in here to pick your brains. Please keep up the awesome work.
barnes93cb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:01 AM   #339
GTR_Killer
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes93cb View Post
Ive followed this thread and every post of the last BT thread. The amount of knowledge and work you guys are doing is amazing. I commend each and every one of you. I also follow your build threads. Even though I cant afford to go BT I follow all of this in excitement to see how far you can push this platform.

The amount of work that you guys have put in the past few weeks is pretty impressive. If I ever get to the point I can go BT I will be in here to pick your brains. Please keep up the awesome work.
you have been immortalized in post #1, haha.

I wish I made a build thread....guess my instagram is my build thread, lol.

and where in South Carolina?
Old 08-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #340
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
Excuse this dumb question... but if you are overboosting, your boost gauge should read that, right?
i have a p3 gauge so if the MAP sensor maxes out, it won't tell me anything past that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apa11393 View Post
Maybe I should just switch to an e85 blend without switching the tune
yes.

i want to run e85. the only thing is if you can run 30+psi on pump gas i don't see much benefit.
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #341
GTR_Killer
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettaglx91 View Post
From what I've been told the gen 3 pump won't do much, at least not yet. Supply becomes and issue before pressure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
so then a lpfp is next for them, doesn't sound too hard. Every platforum so far has been able to get one so its just a matter of time.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:12 AM   #342
GTR_Killer
FIA GT Champion

I find myself fighting the urge to part out and get a mk7R and insta BT it soon as the necessary support is all there...like fuelling and so forth. I find myself thinking and planning like a newb tho.

Okay all i need is a BT, custom manifold, fuelling sorted out, tuner who says they can give me a file to start with. Maybe slap an intercooler on there, re-apply my meth system and wham done....LOL.....would never be that easy.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:22 AM   #343
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '11 BMP 2Dr DSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR_Killer View Post
you have been immortalized in post #1, haha.

I wish I made a build thread....guess my instagram is my build thread, lol.

and where in South Carolina?
Im in Sumter about 2 hours from Charlotte. But currently im deployed in Qatar until sometime in January.
barnes93cb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #344
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
i want to run e85. the only thing is if you can run 30+psi on pump gas i don't see much benefit.
I'm only K04 but I have tested E25, E35, E45 and soon to be E55 this week. There is a definite advantage to an E85 blend, the car idles smoother, throttle response has picked up tremendously, mid-range feels impressive, burns cooler, exhaust is cleaner, and this is all on a standard 93 file. On the 100 octane file it has eliminated the partial throttle correction factor (higher load) when on the highway in overdrive gears where the meth is not spraying.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #345
GreasyGinzo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTX2867 GTi Autobahn 6mt
Quote:
i have a p3 gauge so if the MAP sensor maxes out, it won't tell me anything past that.
You really need to get the analog boost sensor
Old 08-19-2015, 09:11 AM   #346
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR_Killer View Post
I find myself fighting the urge to part out and get a mk7R and insta BT it soon as the necessary support is all there...like fuelling and so forth. I find myself thinking and planning like a newb tho.

Okay all i need is a BT, custom manifold, fuelling sorted out, tuner who says they can give me a file to start with. Maybe slap an intercooler on there, re-apply my meth system and wham done....LOL.....would never be that easy.
when i do this again it will be something pre-2000 and rwd. hopefully an e30/36 or miata.

when 2020 rolls around and every single car on the road is turbo, we won't matter much anyway. as long as you're not driving something with a boxer motor, the playing field will be pretty level. imo there's no use buying the next big thing to hit the same figures. i saw in the k04 vs thread that this guy raced a big turbo ford fusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
I'm only K04 but I have tested E25, E35, E45 and soon to be E55 this week. There is a definite advantage to an E85 blend, the car idles smoother, throttle response has picked up tremendously, mid-range feels impressive, burns cooler, exhaust is cleaner, and this is all on a standard 93 file. On the 100 octane file it has eliminated the partial throttle correction factor (higher load) when on the highway in overdrive gears where the meth is not spraying.
i just don't see why. kind of like how i asked earlier if injectors do anything other than allow you to run more boost on pump fuel. i thought e85 was the same thing. i figured it would allow us to run 35psi but if apa is doing that on 91...i think i'll be ok.
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #347
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
You really need to get the analog boost sensor
i had it just never installed it. now i have the eboost2 and that gives me actual readings. in most cases they are pretty close but sometimes at partial throttle the p3 will say -10 while the eboost2 says 0. i was surprised but it makes me wonder how the ecu compensates for that kind of differential. or maybe pre and post throttle body has just that big of a delta. idk.
Quote:
Old 08-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #348
GreasyGinzo
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
i had it just never installed it. now i have the eboost2 and that gives me actual readings. in most cases they are pretty close but sometimes at partial throttle the p3 will say -10 while the eboost2 says 0. i was surprised but it makes me wonder how the ecu compensates for that kind of differential. or maybe pre and post throttle body has just that big of a delta. idk.
Could be effected by the throttle plate for an instant
Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #349
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Assumption - vacuum on the oem MAP has to be an interpolation of the TB plate because its pre TB, it cant give you an accurate vacuum reading when it doesn't read the manifold.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #350
GreasyGinzo
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-20T View Post
Assumption - vacuum on the oem MAP has to be an interpolation of the TB plate because its pre TB, it cant give you an accurate vacuum reading when it doesn't read the manifold.
I didn't see any different "peak" vacuum readings after I installed the analog sensor...Essentially what you are saying I would think it would take "time" for both sides of the throttle valve for the vacuum to equal out after the throttle valve is closed...if you understand ehat I am trying to say

Edit: for instance if you were 2 gauges 1 in the manifold and 1 in the TBP you would see full vacuum on the manifold gauge before the TBP gauge however brief it may be

Tags
addicted to torture, blow up ur volkswagen, breaking your trans 101, failwheeldrive anonymous, fireball lives!, james'partout