GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf R Owner

WhiteLightning22

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up a 12' R today and definitely happy with my trade. Previous owner did some decent work so I'm starting out with a "Stage 2+" APR tuned setup coming from a "stage 2" wrx.

Any advice/tips are welcome!

Attachments

• Golf and Wrx.jpg
    Golf and Wrx.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 383

marcom8a

Congratulations! I just got my first VW too! A 2013 Golf R in Tornado red. I came from a 2006 A3. So far, I am loving it!

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Congrats. Keep a close eye on the cam follower. I believe 15k miles is when you want to swap it out if the recall.

WhiteLightning22

Passed Driver's Ed
Well according to the previous owners dyno numbers the R is faster. It put down 300/320 and my wrx was on a street tune that came in at 284/302. Butt dyno tells me the R definitely pulls harder, but the top end feels to be a little less powerful. As far as driving impressions go the R is in a different class. I love everything about the R so far, but i think that also comes from me being tired of the "race car" feel from the wrx...there really was no comfort to the thing and it was pretty loud. The clutch I put into the wrx was too rough and shifting wasnt nearly as smooth as it is in the R.

WhiteLightning22

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats. Keep a close eye on the cam follower. I believe 15k miles is when you want to swap it out if the recall.

Thanks for heads up on cam follower. I have the replacement kit on its way this week and I am changing out the fluids to include Haldex. According to previous owner he didnt do the 30k maintenance. Lucky me!