GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

Jared32

Ready to race!
When I had mine done last week, my svc dept. rep said that my dealer has replaced " a lot" of pumps over the past few months with the newest version and no one has come back yet with a leaky one. So take that for what it is worth......

That sounds kinda favorable for the new pump.

Sent from my distracter to yours...

rpandresen

Ready to race!
Any indication on why some cars are coming up and some aren't? My 2012 still has no recall on it according to the link

Jared32

Ready to race!
Is your car CCTA or CBFA? It almost sounds like the CBFA cars are the ones getting the new pump...

Sent from my distracter to yours...

j_rad91

Ready to race!
I was at the dealer last weekend and asked about my car. The worker told me if you request the pump to be looked at and it's not leaking or anything then you cannot have the pump replaced later down the road it finally goes out. And yes it's good until December 2018 which is awesome!

aju

Does the fact that there's a campaign increase the likelihood that the repair will be successful? A better part? Better procedures? I got a letter and am debating bringing my car in for it. 31k miles so far, and AFAIK, still the original pump (it's a 2013 CPO bought @6k miles).

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I'm CCTA. Can't imagine why only CBFA is getting pumps. Unless VW used a different part in CBFA than CCTA
It is a different part, but very similar. I think the CFBA one has an additional sensor on it.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

BS2H

Ready to race!
I apologize if this has been said already but if you call your dealer to run the VIN maybe it's in their system.

I just replaced my 2nd Waterpump about 8k miles ago and the dealer today wants to "replace that unit with an updated version with a metal plate instead of a plastic one that tends to crack."

That's what I was told today. Will prob head over there sometime next month to get it done.

zrickety

The Fixer
I replaced my pump at 105k. The plastic pumps are fine if installed correctly. Only 6 ft-lbs for the bolts.

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
If you got it replaced at 10k on a 2014 model year, you have the BG revision pump then. That's the newest one. Unless of course this announcement deals with an even newer part number which has literally just been released... but I'd say the possibility of that is pretty slim. Until we see start seeing new posts pop up about a new part number, BG officially remains the newest part.

I got mine replaced 2months ago on my 14 @15k miles. Took my car in for MAF sensor throwing engine light and they said my pump wasn't the new one. Believe the one installed is a BG btw

kleine gti

Just had my water pump recall replacement done this week.

The part number of the pump they put on is 06J-121-026-BG

However, I've seen on other older posts here that another part number for the replacement pump is 06J-121-026-AF

Anyone have info regarding these part numbers? Is the "BG" a newer pump?

Thanks

Last edited: