GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-05-2015, 10:30 PM   #57
intellistar
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI 6MT DBP
->APdubbin
I think it will introduce additional wear over the OEM design, but I don't think it's an "incorrect" setup. If I were to go back to a DMF setup, I would use the rigid disc as well. I believe that the South Bend Drop-In Disc people have been using is also a rigid disc. Obviously, it's a costly part/install though, so I don't think I'm the one to make that call for you. If you trust your mechanic, it may be good to take his real world advice and go with a setup/brand he recommends. But the theory is: SMF + sprung hub; DMF + rigid disc.

->Matt
Since you had a similar setup prior (OEM DMFW + Sachs Rigid Clutch), can you say what the problem was that caused the switch?
intellistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #58
mattkosem
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 R
I had major slipping problems with the Sachs disk and the PP I had. ~10-12psi and it would just let go. I gave it ~1100miles and it was a no go. Same type of PP with the feramic setup is golden and the pedal is nice and light for DD.

--Matt
Old 11-06-2015, 03:46 PM   #59
APdubbin
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
So Matt...
You did the same exact setup I'm trying currently?
Old 11-06-2015, 09:49 PM   #60
mattkosem
Touring Car Newbie

Nope. My tuning shop sourced the disc from Sachs Racing and paired it with their preferred PP. It wasn't from that site and I don't know what the part number (if there even was one) was. Neither that setup, nor my current one, are available off the shelf at the moment. The current disc is custom and didn't come from Sachs. I wanted a lighter pedal and DMF since my car is a daily driver, so I wasn't really finding what I wanted off the shelf.

Plenty of other folks have had good luck with the SRE disc when paired with the SRE PP. Others haven't had such good luck. It seems like the most common cause of issues with their setup is improper installation though. If the disc is installed backwards you'll definitely have issues. The other point I found again and again in reviews from the 8P crowd is that it needs a solid 1000miles of break in.

--Matt
Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #61
dopoz
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf R
Single mass fly wheel back to a dual mass?

Did anyone in this thread order a new release bearing from Sachs, versus buying OEM one, and can tell me which part you got and if it fit and performed without issue?

2.5 years ago when I bought the SMF kit (883089.000034) their release bearing was part 613182.600197 and looked identical to the VW OEM parts, except with Sachs/INA part numbers on it. It worked fine as long as I had it in the car.

Now I bought their kit for the DMF (001394.999502) and their site now lists release bearing 613182.600206 which looks very different from other VW bearings I've seen, and even has a smaller depth from housing to the face of the bearing (by 1.6mm). Has Sachs/FTE/FAG part numbers on it.

I have an email out to support, but seeing if anyone else has gotten this new funky bearing that seems the wrong depth, and had it work out fine.

EDIT: Took a picture. Left to right: original bearing that came in car, then Sachs 600197, then the weirdo Sachs 600206:

Last edited by dopoz; 11-09-2015 at 11:55 PM.
dopoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #62
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
I don't see a problem, the overall dimensions look the same to me. Looks like a revised/stronger part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #63
dopoz
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
I don't see a problem, the overall dimensions look the same to me. Looks like a revised/stronger part.

The cup in which the slave cylinder lives is definitely much stronger, but the bearing itself feels a little flimsier when wiggling and rotating it.

And there's the fact that at full slave cylinder extension (as pictured), the new one is 1.6mm shorter as far as how much it's going to move the pressure plate springs. I'm concerned that when this goes in it might not release the pressure plate far enough, and the clutch will drag. Then again, that last 1.6mm might never come into play.

Also weird is that I haven't yet found any VW part that looks like the OEM labeled version of this. Looks like Sachs just decided to switch it up.
dopoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:22 AM   #64
APdubbin
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Dopaz I ordered the throw out bearing through Sachs and I got the same one as you. It's currently installed now. No problems thus far.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #65
mattkosem
Touring Car Newbie

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag in what I'm running now: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=7383793