GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #57
moddedeuros
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: Audi/VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceriesVR6 View Post
Any updates on this? Interested in this BOV
Have plenty of our customers running this with positive feedback. The CTS DV would be more popular on the MK6 and BOV on the MK7 since the MK6 still has MAF

http://www.moddedeuros.com/volkswage...iverter-valves
moddedeuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #58
rupertpupkin
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '12 CSG R
Love it. Now have a new tune and it is great. UM Stage 2 Loaded at 28psi. BOV is still excellent. fuel trims could not be more perfect. Sounds great still very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceriesVR6 View Post
Any updates on this? Interested in this BOV
rupertpupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:03 AM   #59
NeoSA
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 G6 GTI DSG
I'll jump in here too. MK6 GTi K04 with Unitronic Stage 2+

My CTS BOV is still epic. Holds boost very well with epic BOV sound. I have not had a single issue thus far.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #60
watusay
Ready to race!

Drives: MK6 R 2013
Hey, First off and I know this is not the place to say, but my previous profile has been banned for absolutely no reason. Huzidada. Mods please reply to me.

Okay so I have full Uni stage2+ and all supporting mods on my R. ITS A DSG. Already had a GFB+ but just for laughs and giggles I purchased the CTS BOV kit.
Firstly as everyone stated, awesome build quality and packaged with everything necessary with easy enough instructions.
Car felt awesome and pulled awesome, no trouble codes etc.

So did some logging. CTS had been installed on car for about 3 weeks now. Perfectly adapted etc.
After logging, the CTS I waited 20mins and installed the GFB and logged immediately. After logging the GFB I reinstalled CTS and did one more round of logs.

What I found is boost came on a little stronger, a little faster and lasted just a little longer per RPM with the GFB installed. Car felt a lot smoother even when driving normally to my "test spot".

I did a 4th gear 80 to 160kmph pull on the exact same stretch and both still managed the exact same 6.7s time.

So even though the GFB has better characteristics, its so negligible that you wont notice it.

What you do noltice is partial throttle response. Theres a very slight delay with the CTS. Especially on downshifts and when playing with the accelerator through the twisties.

Its not very noticeable to the average driver but for someone that depends on good response and a balance/smoothness while tackling the twisties, its an irritating feeling.

Conclusion, both excellent products. My fuel trims excellent with both and straight line performance was near identical for both valves. Both are excellent buys.

But the GFB is the slightly better driver choice, not only for the price point, but for partial throttle(hope Im using the right word) response.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
watusay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #61
rupertpupkin

From reading reviews and things and personal experience it seems like the BOV is better for 6MT and the GFB DV+ is the better option for DSG.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #62
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
I would argue the opposite (sorry), with the DV+, boost seems to hold/build better between manual shifts. At least that's what I saw when I reviewed it.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #63
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
makes sense
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #64
rupertpupkin

No it is fine. I think every car is different and everyone's driving style is as well. Mods are unique to the car as well as climate. Tons of factors to consider.

On my particular car with my particular mods and climate/ driving style the BOV was the all around best. My original review is still accurate for me.

It is interesting to see how different things can be between cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
I would argue the opposite (sorry), with the DV+, boost seems to hold/build better between manual shifts. At least that's what I saw when I reviewed it.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #65
watusay
Ready to race!

Drives: MK6 R 2013
Not just manual transmission. ..As I've pointed out the GFB seems slightly better all round on a DSG vehicle as well .

Rupert, if you can do logs on boost, which you can get details from APRS site on what to log, you'll see for real what the story is. Smooth is fast. Maybe the CTS has a placebo affect. Maybe it is faster. All in all I think a WORKING valve should give you equal results
watusay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blow off valve, boost, bov make moar powa, cts turbo, diverter valve, gfb dv+, rupert is a ricer