GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #155
dfideth
Ready to race!

Drives: 13 GTI 4/D
FuturaGTI, Your the man.
Your not the type of person that buys the R32 so he can just sit on the couch when he gets home.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #156
Velociraptor Thrust
FIA GT Champion

Drives: MK6 & G35
Wow thats awesome! I wish they had given the R the option of DSG. I want to do this, but lack the knowledge, resources and funds. I can wish though right?

Anyway congrats!
Velociraptor Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:04 PM   #157
=france90=

Drives: Vw Scirocco R
hello guys, im italian, I have a sirocco r I converted awd components golf r. to complete the conversion I have to connect the electrical part but do not know how to do it. there is electrical wiring ready for installation or a wiring diagram to make it happen? how did you?

help me please
=france90= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #158
Cal2000
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 13' GTI 4DR AUTOBAHN
Wow. What a great project. Kudos to OP.
Cal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #159
mk6'12gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 4dr Black Gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturaGTI View Post
It's been a week since the last update. Been waiting on parts, mostly.

Recently finished up the floor. Painted on the top side.

Golf R Sway bar, nuts and bolts for the suspension, and centre driveshaft support mounts

HPA Turboback Quadpack Exhaust (un-resonated).

and finally, Golf R rear bumper

Back to work this week. A few mounts/brackets need to be fabricated for things like the angle drive and centre driveshaft, but it's all coming together nicely! Another challenge will be running vaccuum lines and a switch for the flapper on the exhuast. Since the Golf R was wired for it stock, this exhaust comes with one. Since GTIs dont come with that option, a switch will have to be wired to run this manually. One more thing that will make the car one of a kind
Dont know why you didn't just buy the R style valance that fits the gti bumper instead of buying a whole new golf r rear bumper but looks good either way
| Apr Ko4 v3.1 | Apr stage 2 Dsg | Do88 Ic | IE intake | Circuitwerks turboback | Ecs street shield | R8 coils | S3 style top | Spulen throttle pipe | BC coils | Uni dv relocate | 034 street density mounts | Hpa 75A puck | P3 Gauge | GFB Dv+ |
mk6'12gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:33 AM   #160
anticon
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 TR GTI 2D MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
Instead of fitting the GTI with awd, why not get an R and modify it to look like a GTI? Seems like that would be much cheaper. I'm sure there are many GTI owners that would swap out their bumpers, skirts, etc. Plus give cash on top of it. And then you still have that sweet R interior.
Just a thought.
Ha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davespence20 View Post
Why? He's doing something crazy and original. No one has done an awd swap on a mk6 that I know of. It's a truly one of a kind car instead of 1 out of 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto1295 View Post
Thank you. The classic "should have gotten an R" posts..

I admire you for going through with this, just subbed on vortex as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkshtup View Post
Nobody is hating. We all give him credit for this build. But the 99% of us just want to know why not just get the R since he is making one.
I have considered doing this build on several occasions. I also have tried to trade for an R a couple times. It just never was worth the step up in mileage and wear, imo, as I hold fairly low mileage on my GTI, and am the only owner. By now, I've gotten deep enough into my GTI that I won't let it go, even when it comes time to buy another transportation vessel. I'd love to by a new R, but I know I'd be sinking the same things into it as I do the GTI, making it nearly redundant.
He is not "making an R." He is making an AWD GTI. For people speculating other options, the only one would be to buy an R and swap in GTI motor; and of course that'd be silly.
They are technically different engines; that's the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnado_2.5 View Post
Why not just buy an R and then convert to fwd? No one has a fwd golf R, that would be unique.
You don't downgrade. Converting a GTI to AWD is not downgrading.
2013 TR 2D MT GTI APR Stg 2 v2.1 Carbonio CAI APR RSC TBE Koni Yellows w/ H&R Sports/Super Sports GFB DV+ P3Cars VIDI Michelin PSS 215/40/ZR18 Full PIAA Front Lighting Dark Cherry LED Tails OEM Front Lip Other Cosmetics...

Last edited by anticon; 10-06-2015 at 05:41 AM.
anticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #161
Lanti

Drives: VW Golf mk6 GTI 2009
hello,

possible to use golf mk6 TDI 4x4 to mk6 GTI awd swap?what is the difference tdi vs golf r?
thanks
Lanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #162
marxan
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: VW GTI 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanti View Post
hello,

possible to use golf mk6 TDI 4x4 to mk6 GTI awd swap?what is the difference tdi vs golf r?
thanks
4 motion would be the same but I imagine the gearbox might not be...
Revozport Stage 3 Full Body Kit | Rays Te37sl black edition 18'' | Yokohama ad08r 235/40/18 | VWR 6Pots Big Brake Kit + R20 rear brakes | Bilstein PSS 10 | EuroJet TurboBack | APR Intercooler | DM BT tune + BT DSG tune | Peloquin DSG LSD | APR Air Intake + green filter|APR Stage 3 gtx2867 kit | GFB DV+ | INA oil cooler | Defi boost, DSG temp, water temp gauges | Full Alpine Audio Digital Series.... r20 euro bucket seat [color="Red"]
marxan is offline   Reply With Quote