GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #71
jp0319
Formula 5000 Driver
 
jp0319's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Golf TDI SEL
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djunited View Post
nah, far from it. tazz and jp really like each other. they just don't know it yet.

lol jk
I love all my fellow dubbers, just disagree with them from time to time.

JP
jp0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #72
TAZZ
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
TAZZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 .:R, DSG 2Doors
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bey, LB
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0319 View Post
I'm not posting in the "wrong thread" you are comparing two dramatically different cars, one's that in all actuality should not even be compared. Compare an Audi TTS to a Goldf R that would be a good one. Some of your statements like "you’d have too much power on just front wheels which will ruin the ride and handling" are almost word for word from the article you linked not from experience. I interjected because I have a modded GTI and it is not uncontrolable, and it handles just fine. So I was refuting your statements with experience I have. Now my opinion on beating a golf R is just that opinion. Cant back it up cause we dont have them. On the engine if you have info yes please link it because I have read nothing (at least on the US spec R) which states this.

JP
Well from the comments I read in the thread and the view counts, everyone seemed VERY happy reading the comparison and found it appropriate and useful... but whatever you say, Moderator delete this thread please!

No seriously dude, I DO think you misunderstood...I shouldn't have compared it to a TT S because I was not trying to see which is faster, cause even my grandma know the R is faster than the GTI, I was just trying to give a comparison of the 2 nicest golfs around in all aspects for potential buyers, hesitating switchers, or just the curious ones, and what are objectively the difference in daily driving because unlike most I've had the chance to drive both on the same day in the same conditions several times and try about everything, and if you read my OP you will see that I have placed the pros and the cons of both (but I say that with a smile)

concerning my comments about wheelspin I am not stating any article, I apologise I haven't driven a stage 2, but I have many times driven and recently raced a stage 1 GTI, and the GTI owner, myself and the other fellow racers all agreed that wheelspin was the weakpoint of FWD since I stood up pretty well to stage 1 cars more powerful than mine, and got in fact beaten only by the 310hp Cupra (and that was in the dry and from a roll), so I would logically imagine that stage 2 with more power would worsen wheelspin, and even more so in "all seasons" conditions it doesn't take an article to quote to come up with this conclusion. I am sure your car handles fine, but I don't think it handles like I'd want it to based on my testing of the handling of a stage 1 GTI, there's a reason why 99% of sports cars boasting more than 250hp are manufactured either RWD or AWD and not FWD including on platforms which are entry level FWD... beleive me I learned that the hard way
__________________
DM Custom 2+ / Upsolute DSG Reflash / Autotech HPFP / RS4 HPRV / Scorpion Catless Resonated TBE / APR Carbonio / GFB DV+ / CTS TOP / CTS TBP / HG Pulley / Sprintbooster / HPA Haldex Competition Controller / Alcon Advantage Extreme BBK / FONDMETAL 9RR Wheels
336 awhp / 357 awtq - Build

Last edited by TAZZ; 03-30-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: TTS not RS!!!!!!!!lol
TAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #73
TAZZ
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
TAZZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 .:R, DSG 2Doors
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bey, LB
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptObvious75 View Post
I'm gonna be honest and say that i didn't read the whole thread. Just seems like that's where this thread is going if it hasn't already gotten there yet
Just read the first post, after all my purpose was just to convey an objective experience, and I wrote as clearly as possible
__________________
DM Custom 2+ / Upsolute DSG Reflash / Autotech HPFP / RS4 HPRV / Scorpion Catless Resonated TBE / APR Carbonio / GFB DV+ / CTS TOP / CTS TBP / HG Pulley / Sprintbooster / HPA Haldex Competition Controller / Alcon Advantage Extreme BBK / FONDMETAL 9RR Wheels
336 awhp / 357 awtq - Build
TAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #74
jp0319
Formula 5000 Driver
 
jp0319's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Golf TDI SEL
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 1,723
I surrender! What Ev. I am happy for you that you have an R available to you and that you own one. I disagree with many of your suppositions but hey I stated my opinion as you did yours. The R is an awesome car (I really love the blue speedo and tac needles) Maybe I'll own one maybe not. Right now I love my GTI and will not be trading it in on an R. Happy motoring!

JP
jp0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:20 AM   #75
Nicoo..
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Nicoo..'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 TR GTI
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 406
JP VS. Tazz
__________________
2010 Tornado Red GTI - Sunroof, Autopark gen II, Luxury pack, Detroits, RVC w/ all-round sensors, ABT quad exhaust system, ...
Nicoo.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #76
jp0319
Formula 5000 Driver
 
jp0319's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Golf TDI SEL
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoo.. View Post
JP VS. Tazz
Instagator!

JP
jp0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #77
TAZZ
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
TAZZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 .:R, DSG 2Doors
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bey, LB
Posts: 487
Yea i bet you all enjoyed the show eh?
Next time we'll accept credit cards payments or we'll do it by PM! lol
__________________
DM Custom 2+ / Upsolute DSG Reflash / Autotech HPFP / RS4 HPRV / Scorpion Catless Resonated TBE / APR Carbonio / GFB DV+ / CTS TOP / CTS TBP / HG Pulley / Sprintbooster / HPA Haldex Competition Controller / Alcon Advantage Extreme BBK / FONDMETAL 9RR Wheels
336 awhp / 357 awtq - Build
TAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #78
jp0319
Formula 5000 Driver
 
jp0319's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Golf TDI SEL
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
Yea i bet you all enjoyed the show eh?
Next time we'll accept credit cards payments or we'll do it by PM! lol
Tazz, we should do a Pay Per View thread lol, we could make a killin.

JP
jp0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #79
TAZZ
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
TAZZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 .:R, DSG 2Doors
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bey, LB
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0319 View Post
Tazz, we should do a Pay Per View thread lol, we could make a killin.

JP
+1!!!! looolllllllll
__________________
DM Custom 2+ / Upsolute DSG Reflash / Autotech HPFP / RS4 HPRV / Scorpion Catless Resonated TBE / APR Carbonio / GFB DV+ / CTS TOP / CTS TBP / HG Pulley / Sprintbooster / HPA Haldex Competition Controller / Alcon Advantage Extreme BBK / FONDMETAL 9RR Wheels
336 awhp / 357 awtq - Build
TAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.