GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #29
Shia8j
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GOLF R (Stage^)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunkel View Post
Had it on my car for a couple thousand miles now. Feels great and not a single hint of slipping. I've gotten on it a few times and it definitely feels like a power upgrade since now my car pulls without any hesitation.
Here are my only curiosities I've noticed so far. Sometimes the pedal feels stiffer than normal but it's hard to pinpoint any consistency to it. I don't mind the resistance but I'm curious why it feels different only sometimes. It's almost as if it has resistance right after the engagement point. Also, getting going in first is sometimes shaky. There are occasional vibrations as it feels like the clutch is just catching. Could just be driver error as the engagement point is higher and I will admit I'm no Stig driver...hahah I wonder if it has anything to do with button type disc? And maybe the change in pedal feel is due to the disc heating up and becoming more grabby?

I've also started driving differently with this clutch...I used to push the pedal to the floor for every shift (I have a clutch stop), but now that the engagement point is much higher than stock I can just tap the clutch pedal and be shifting much faster.

Good to see your enjoying it! I can't speak to the reason for potential grabbiness mine has been much more settled down not that its all re-broken & I have a working TOB . Keep us posted on clutch if you have any other updates or changes always interested to hear
Shia8j is online now   Reply With Quote