GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey de360 Fog Light Review

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
First off when I had the stock incandescent fog light bulbs in I didn't really have any problem with them. They seemed to due the job very well and were brighter than a lot of other cars stock fog lights. I upgraded to Hoen Xenon-match bulbs to have a closer color-temperature to the stock xenons. They were about the same brightness, but matched the xenons more.

I knew I wanted to get LED fog lights eventually, because everything else on my car except for the xenons is LED. I got a set of de360 bulbs from deAutoKey. Install is easy and straight forward. I was swapping my winter wheels over to my summer wheels, so I just went ahead and took the fender liner off for a bit more space. Take the stock bulb out by twisting. Then you need to put in the new one. These bulbs have a few more parts than just bulbs. They come with resistors and ballasts. Also the bulbs themselves are also able to be turned 360 degrees in the housing. I have mine turned so the the diodes are shining horizontally. You can see this a bit in the pictures. As for mounting the resistors and ballasts I ziptied them to a metal bracket right above the fog light access covered. The resistors can get hot, so you want to mount them away from things that can be damaged by heat. The ballasts do not get nearly as hot, but they should not be mounted right next to the resistors.

Onto my actual thoughts on how they perform. I didn't think the stock bulbs were dim by any means, but compared to these bulbs they are almost pointless. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures comparing the other bulbs vs these, but there really is no comparison. They are extremely bright. As for glare and or blinding oncoming drivers, it isn't as bad as you would think. I had someone drive my car while I drove towards it in a different car. You can tell that there is a serious amount of light coming out of the fog lights, but there isn't any bright direct light shining at oncoming drivers. There is a small area just in front of the bumper and out to the sides where there is direct light shining. If you are driving towards the car with those on you only have the light shining right at you for a split second as you pass. So you aren't driving at the car being blinded the whole time. I didn't really see a problem with it. Another plus to these compared to the Hoen bulbs I had is that these produce a very nice 6,000k color and the bulb themselves are silver and not blue, so looking at the housings they remain a clear color instead of a slight blue bulb inside. They OEM Xenons are more around 4,300k, so they aren't the same color as fogs but if you have other LEDs from deAutoKey these will match perfectly. One thing I was worried about by getting LED fogs was that the cornering fogs would look odd if they suddenly came on and off instead of fading like the stock bulbs. Thankfully these fade in and out just like them. I made a video clip with some shots of how much these LEDs light up. Around 1:45 I show how they fade in and out.

Overall I'm super impressed with these bulbs and still get all excited when I turn them on while on a dark back road.

Hoen Xenon-match

deAutoKey de360

pvieira1990

Wow! I am absolutely shocked at how bright these are, there's almost no point in driving with your headlights on. I will definitely be picking up a set of these in yellow.

Good review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Great review. That 1700k color difference is a bit of a turn off but the brightness is impressive.

zrickety

The Fixer
This is a great review. I just can't stand resistors and if they blind someone for a split second I don't want to be that guy. That said, I am still working on a 'safari' rack with a couple KC Daylighters lol.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I didnt see any on their website actually labeled 360 fogs, is this the foglight kit for $150 that theyre selling?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
These look like a much whiter color temp than the stock hid headlights, do you sell or can you recommend hid bulbs to match? I like to go all in

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Great review. That 1700k color difference is a bit of a turn off but the brightness is impressive.

They are also sold in 5000k

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Nice review, thanks

These look like a much whiter color temp than the stock hid headlights, do you sell or can you recommend hid bulbs to match? I like to go all in

They are also sold in 5000k

Yes, we have the H7RC kit in 6k which will better match and we are working on a d1s 6k design that will be tested later for the xenon housing.

H7RC can be found here:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gt...kit-full-set-including-adapters-and-resistors

We do sell the 5k but we don't feel it will match the projector light which is more of a 4300k - it is very yellow in person vs 5k.

trickster640

What is the best color temperature of the deAutoKey LED fogs to match the stock bi-xenons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk