GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'14 GOLF TDI - My 1st VW

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Looking good

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Hell yeah for another Sacramento buddy! You coming to the drive this weekend? If so we should caravan down. I'm in North Natomas.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Nvm just saw your post. I'm sure we can caravan next time.

jdmdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Tint done..even though I said I wasn't going to..

I figured I'd update my post with some pics with the windows tinted. In Sacramento, it gets pretty hot in the summer. I was over it one day and decided to bite the bullet and get the 35% all the way around from a local place http://www.premiumglassandtint.com/ I'm very satisfied with their service and attention to detail.

zrickety

The Fixer
Great looking car. What kind of mpg are you getting?

jdmdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven't updated this in a while:
  • Smoked OPD sequential signals with puddle lights
  • OPD rear diffuser
  • LED tails
  • Smoked sidemarker lights
  • OEM rack with two barracuda
  • AIR SUSPENSION IS COMING SOON!

Fun pic of my sons clean ass 4-motion B5 Passat on my factory TDI wheels

rd17VWTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car looks great!

I know how you feel, Ive got a 12 TDi thats Certified AND w/ Extended Warranty and Ive been really tempted to go Stage II with DPF/EGR Delete.
I originally planned on waiting till 100k before I tuned it and ripped out all the Emissions equip but I dont know if Im going to be able to even wait that long.. Ha I only just hit 60k, and have already done most of the small interior/ exterior cosmetic things that I want besides the LED Tails and a few others.

Maybe some others can chime in about it but I know Malone does a Stage I or II that doesnt require removing anything. KermaTDi also recently came out with a new Tune/Loader that allows you to easily load the tune on yourself from the comforts of your own home. KermaTDi's tune also retains all factory Emissions equip, and so far seems to be getting very positive reviews.
That might be an option for ya, although they could poss still deny a warranty claim bc of it, they would have to prove thats what caused the failure which is kind of a toss up. Thats what I'm considering doing, getting Stage II Tune now and leave all the Emissions equip on, then once I hit 100k and the extend warranty is up go back in and have the tune tweaked and all the Emissions Equip ripped out.
I see you live in Cali, so thats prob not an option for you, but you could still get a Stage I or II tune with the Emissions equip still intact.

How do the Super Sports ride? Ive been considering getting them, since Im really just looking to get rid of the wheel gap.
Are you on the stock shocks/struts? I heard the Super Sports can trash the stock suspension pretty quickly.

Last edited:

crb81

Got a 2012 tdi with the kerma tune. Love it! The tune settled in after a quick drive for the most part. I can't compare it to any others but no issues and it definitely livens things up power wise. They also plan to update the tune after the emissions thing is "fixed" by vw. The Q loader deal is easy too, and you keep it. Can't complain about that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk