GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Stage 2 vs BMW F10 535i

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

Was testing out my newly bought GoPro camera the other day, wasn't expecting any actions until a BMW came and challenged me.

So everything was caught on GoPro and I made some quick edits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXqIZ2nB0Vc

I had the chance to overtake him twice in the video, but I backed off on the pedal first to tailgate him for a while because I wanted to see how fast his acceleration is.

But it seems like the BMW doesn't have a lot of top end power? Or maybe the Golf R has a lighter weight advantage?

I am not sure whether the BMW is modded, but my mods are as per my signature.

Love the Golf R :D

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
Are you sure that was a 535i and not something else?
Here's how a 535 stock exhaust looks like:

The one in your video has two pipes on the left. So it's a 520/528i or 520/525/530d if BMW sells those in your country.

Last edited:

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed
You're not the first to highlight that to me, as a matter of fact I actually tried to enhance the video post editing so it could clearly show the badge at the rear as that was what I saw but it is still kinda blurry.

A couple of my friends actually highlighted that as well, and came up with a couple of theories:

It is possible that the car could be a 528i but the owner basically replaced it with a 535i. Some Asians actually would resort to such ricer thing, and it'll probably give him extra horsepower physiologically.

It is also possible the car is a 535i but the owner was playing a sheep in a wolves clothing by modifying the rear bumper so they could prey on unsuspecting cars who challenges them. Again, some Asians would actually resort to such things as well. Beats me why they do it.

Again, it is also possible the car wasn't originally a 535i but the owner did an engine transplant. Again this is actually quite popular in our side of the world.

But we'll never know for sure. I'm basically reporting what I saw.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I would love to make my GTI look like a mk5 Rabbit. I think that would be hilarious.

Sometimes you don't even have to try...lol

I ran a Camaro SS one day, a 20 roll to around 100, and I stayed even with him until he shut down at 100. We get to the light and I give a thumbs up, he rolls his window down and says, "Is that...is that a Rabbit?!" I actually laughed out loud and had to let him know that no, I am rolling a GTI. I am not debadged, and I have my APR badge on the back as well.
I still chuckle thinking about that, he was so genuinely confused that a Rabbit had kept up with him, it was priceless.

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
That wasn't a 535i. The F series 535i is dual exhaust.

The e-series was the single exit exhaust 535i

You more than likely raced a rebadged 528i or something.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

fastgoober

Passed Driver's Ed
That wasn't a 535i. The F series 535i is dual exhaust.

The e-series was the single exit exhaust 535i

You more than likely raced a rebadged 528i or something.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
+1

And you pulled on him way too hard for that to be a 535.

What mods do you have op?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
I could see it being a 535, according to google they have about the same power as a stock golf r and weigh a little over 4000lbs. I am looking at the 2016 versions so numbers may be a little off

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed
If you read post #3 yeah there is a possibility the car is a rebadged, or the other 2 possibilities.

When I slowed down and pulled to the side I was hoping he'll wind down the window so I could say hi and tell him it was a good run, maybe ask him a little about his car but seems like he wasn't in a friendly mood.

I normally will give a friendly wave after a run regardless of the outcome, I mean nobody gets a prize for being faster or anything.

My mods are as per my signature. Some simple hardware mods with a tune, nothing major. I was actually under the impression the Golf is much lighter compared to the BMW hence the pull.