GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
Lao278
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 White Golf R
Broken check valve from intake

Hey guys just wanted to share my story so it doesn't happen to you. I have a VWR intake that came with that car. The other week my car was idling funny and it turned out to be a broken check valve on the brake booster line because my intake was constantly hitting it without my knowledge. As of right now the part is on back order for 2 weeks nationwide! I'll upload a picture as soon as I get on a computer.
White 2012 Golf R, Milltek turbo back exhaust, VWR cold air intake, HPFP, Bilstein PSS10 coilovers, APR stage 2+ tune, R8 Coils, BSH catch can, Snow Performance stage 2 w/m injection, BSH throttle pipe, Arm FMIC, Eurosport X brace
Lao278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
Lao278
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 White Golf R
I took this picture when I first got the car and you can see the check valve touching the intake.

White 2012 Golf R, Milltek turbo back exhaust, VWR cold air intake, HPFP, Bilstein PSS10 coilovers, APR stage 2+ tune, R8 Coils, BSH catch can, Snow Performance stage 2 w/m injection, BSH throttle pipe, Arm FMIC, Eurosport X brace
Lao278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #3
mattkosem
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 R
The APR intake used with the stage 3 kit does the same thing. HS Tuning trimmed down the line on mine so it has some space. Definitely worth the peace of mind!

--Matt
Old 04-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
Mindfields
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 .:R
Broke mine too, accident, CAI not the culprit, modified my original with a metal fitting for an air pump, no vacuum leak☺
Mindfields is offline   Reply With Quote