GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
Grannycar
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 12 .:R
passenger door not staying shut?

ok my mk6 I cannot seem too keep my passenger side door shut. the actual mechanism does not "lock" into place. guess you can call it a latch. I can manually move it open and closed with my finger, just that the latch will not stay locked. Now the only way I can get it to close "which is far and few between" is I play with the inside door handle and finally got it to close.
my question is, is it the actual latch? or something that control is to stay locked?
Old 05-04-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
pamatt
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Mk6 2012
I had the same problem. Sprayed it with silicon lube and all was well.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
blue_mkvi_gti
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 SB MK6 GTI Eurodyne Stage 2
This has happened to me three times in the past two months. The first time I was an hour away from home, good thing I keep some rope in car
Eurodyne ECU+DSG Stage 2 GolfMK6 abomination: 2010_carbon_gti's H&R rsb, ///Audience's 034 street density motor and transmission mounts, naDintheHat's Autotech dogbone insert, Muratti's SPM fsb, tjbell's SPM catback, wwgti2.0t's GFB DV+, TheJakofallTrads' Team Dynamics wheels, DSR7's winter wheels/tires, someone's Carbonio and Eurojet DP; and my Powergrid end links, Deautokey LED everything, Neuspeed TOP & TBP, and Whiteline ALK.
blue_mkvi_gti is offline   Reply With Quote